Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Verve's More Than Love Release Hop

Welcome to Verve's More Than Love Release Hop!  Over the weekend, Verve Stamps released a brand new set and ribbon collection, and today we're hopping to share our first looks at these lovely new products!

If you have come here from Laurie's blog, you are right on track.  If happened to stumble across this hop, just refer to the hop list below so you can get caught up.

Feb 2014 Hop photo VSVerveHopFeb14.jpg

Sorry for the dark picture.  I didn't get home in time to use natural daylight like I usually do.  For my card I chose to use this wonderful sentiment from More Than Love as it is oh so true.  It's amazing how you come to life when you know you are loved, and how you can deal with what life throws your way much more easily when you have someone who is there for you.   Several other fabulous sentiments in a wonderful mix of Verve fonts along with two heart images complete is wonderful set.

Julee made a gorgeous card using last week's Tall and Skinny Mojo Monday sketch flipped it on its side, and I just loved the look of that orientation and wanted to try it myself.  Kept to clean lines and thanks to a dear friend, I gleefully used my new chicken wire embossing folder - love it!!  The heart is from the Wavy Hearts die set and I crimped it for a bit texture and added a button with a twine bow.

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking TWO random commenters on one of the hop spots below to win prizes!  So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize info and deadlines!


Hop List:
1. Julee
2. Amber
3. Andrea
4. Charmaine
5. Christyne
6. Janelle
7. Jen
8. Laurie
9. Marisa
10. Stacey
11. Teresa



Next in line is Stacey who is sure to have a fabulous creation for you!  Enjoy the hop!


 
What's In It?
Stamps:   More Than Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Yours Truly (Echo Park), Basic Grey (Stampin' Up),  
Ink: Black  
Accessories: 
Wavy Hearts Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities, (Spellbinders), Chicken Wire Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), Corner Rounder, Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Heart Sequins, Ribbon (Micheal's Dollar Bin), Dimensionals 

60 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, my dear friend! Love that twine bow and the beautiful color arrangement! Big hugs comin' atcha...sister! :)

Lynn said...

The font on these new sentiments is amazing Marisa! I love the two tiny hearts you placed below it.

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous, Marisa! I love grey combined with pink/red and the way you've flipped the sketch gives the illusion of a stepped card--it's fabulous! Thank you for being so loyal to my blog and always leaving me a little love! ((hugs)) to you, my friend!

Ruthieann said...

Cute card!

Janis said...

Such a happy and hopeful card with that sentiment and all your cheery hearts!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I like it, alot!!

LauraEva said...

Such a 'lovely' card---love the papers!

Jannette said...

cute card. I love the papers and all the elements you used.

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

I love your card, the layering and the colors are fabulous! tfs Patricia B

Stacey Schafer said...

absolute loveliness, Marisa!

Unknown said...

Fab card!

kReN said...

I am in the process of trying some of those tall and skinny cards. I really like them!

Thanks for the inspiration!
kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

Benzi said...

Very nice sentiment, that's for sure. I love your card and the wonderful button,twine, heart treatment.

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Your card is beautifully done. I love the simplicity and the button really finished it off. TFS

Maureen said...

I've always loved this sentiment..so sweet. It's great for baby cards too :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card design. Just beautiful!

sillygirl said...

Simple but beautiful! Love the colors and size of card!

LT said...

I love blog jumping and all the different ideas for the same stamp set is fun and inspiring. Beautiful card!

Kathy G. said...

Very pretty. I like the clean lines of this card. Thanks for sharing.

Toneisha B. said...

Gorgeous card!

Donna Oates said...

Love your card. You always do such wonderful cards. This one is clean and graphic with wonderful details. Love it!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Marisa! Love the sweet color combo and fab layout!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Great job!

Cheryl said...

Love all the clean lines and interesting texture. Your new chicken wire ef looks fab, too! ;)

Sharon said...

Such a fun design! Love it!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love your card Marisa. I do love your clean lines here. All the hearts on this creation are sure making me smile:)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marisa. Love all the details and the sentiment.

Central Coast Think Pink, Julie Camell said...

Love the way you highlighted the comment and the use of the little foil hearts. Great card, thanks for sharing!

Iris said...

Great card - I love the crisp, clean lines and the tiny hearts paper.
isoscia at aol dot com

Christine said...

Love the layers and the way you let the sentiment go "over the top" just a bit!

Ruthie said...

Cute card! Love the touch of chicken wire!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like the way you turned the sketch, Marisa! Gives it a whole new feel.

Amy C. said...

Such a pretty card! Love that gray ribbon.

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card... beautiful showcasing of the new set!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love your design!

Sue said...

Beautiful card - esp like the accent hearts under the sentiment! Your cards are always so inspiring - thanks!

Lee-Anne said...

Love how you turned the sketch, Marisa...the rounded corners are just fab!

Beverly Perdue said...

I'm loving this More Than Love set more and more. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card -- love the sentiment and the hearts.

Rhonda said...

I am liking the tall and skinny format. Fun card.

Cheryl Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Marisa! I am so loving the new sentiments, and in fact, the entire set.

Totally wonderful!

Anya said...

Pretty card! Love the layout!

Rachel V said...

Beautiful! Love the way you crimped the heart. I think I need to get that die!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, I'm really loving that sketch turned to the side! The circle going off the card base is a great look!

Emilou said...

Hi Marisa, what a unique idea!! Great card. Thanks for sharing. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

D- said...

LOVE your sweet card.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

dj said...

love love love it!! that circle flowing off your card is fantastic!! Way to rock this Verve showcase!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty card...love how the scalloped circle extends beyond the card base.

cm said...

Marisa, your cards always make me smile! This one is lovely - a delightful showcase of Verve products , lovely colours/patterns, and an oh-so-unique design! The hearts and circle are such special touches!! LOVE this!!
c

Anonymous said...

Clean and simple but very pretty. Great card.

Unknown said...

Hearts, hearts everywhere and all of them divine!

Sue D said...

Very sweet--I like the button and twine with the heart.

Heather said...

So cute!! Love that adorable heart paper. And the clean, crisp feel to it is awesome.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is delightful! I love the chickenwire embossed layer!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, the colors are fabulous!

Jean Bullock said...

this card has it all! Wonderful colors and layers, embossing, die cuts, button, ribbon AND twine. Well done.

Ravengirl said...

Awwww, so sweet! I love that you used a chicken wire embossing folder. It's cute and it totally works!

Kathy Jones said...

Love this one Marisa!!! Great design and just adore that heart/button/twine accent!!! Totally gorgeous!! :)

Ali P said...

WOW beautiful card

loulou said...

Beautiful card. I love the font in these lovely new sentiments. Love that chicken wire embossing folder too.

Miriam Prantner said...

A beautiful card, I'm so loving this stamp set!