Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Us Girls #227 - Technique Challenge

JUGS 227 photo JUGS227picA.jpg

This week's challenge is a technique challenge brought to us by Sue V.  Sue has chosen Inked Die Cuts as seen on Becca's blog over at Amazing Paper Grace.

I have never done this technique so it was fun to give it a try.  Thankfully I had some gold and silver inks that worked as they are the only pigment inks I own!  The gold was a bit dry so I had to improvise by touching up the border, but where there is a will there is a way :)

Originally I wanted to make a card with the Olympic rings as a tribute to the Winter Olympics starting today, but didn't have the right inks so had to go with silver and gold.  That combination screams wedding card so that is the way I went.  The button is "supposed" to be gold but is actually a bit on the bronzy side and I was hoping to be able to sneak it by the camera but it didn't work, so just imagine it as gold rather than the bronzy/rust colour it photographed as.

The rest of the  JUGS team, along with our January  Guest Designer Melissa Hubert, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Plus if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.

Not sure if my son's soccer game will be a go or not as it is nasty cold out there - well for us wimpy West Coasters anyway LOL!  Otherwise, needing a down weekend after an insanely busy last weekend and current week.  Us introverts need our down time and I'm starting to twitch due to lack of it LOL! 


Have a great weekend and hope you can play along.


Challenge:  Simon Says 


 

What's In It?
Stamps:   Elegant Greetings (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Silver  
Ink:  Black, Silver, Gold (Stampin' Up)  

Accessories:  Labels 17 and Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Swiss Dots  Embossing Folder (Provo Kraft), Crimper (Fiskars), 5/8" Sheer Silver Ribbon and Gold Half Pearls (Michael's), Bling (Dollar Store) Dimensionals 

20 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

I have that SU set too and love it! I must check out this technique. The edges look so crisp.

Lynn said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Love how elegant your card turned out Marisa!

Benzi said...

Very elegant with all the silver and gold, Marisa.
Hope you get a relaxing weekend.

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty Marisa! The Olympic Rings would have been a cool idea!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to use what you have and turn it into a fabulous card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty card and perfect for a wedding! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with very little pigment ink. lol I just happened to have one gold pad...that's what I had to go with. You did great!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful!! That looks like a cool technique!

Stacy Morgan said...

Classy, I like the gold and silver combo.

Shelley said...

Wow! This challenge opens up a lit of opportunities. I like the simplicity of yours, letting the sentiment take center stage with that hint of gold on the edge!

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a clean and fresh design... perfect for a wedding card.

Carol Hurlock said...

Just gorgeous. Love the color and those two sweet little hearts.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Lee-Anne said...

Marisa, your clean layout really showcases the technique...way to go! But don't you dare complain about the weather...lol!!!

sue t. said...

What a beautiful wedding card! You did an awesome job with the inked edges!

cm said...

Lovely wedding card, and you've mastered the new technique beautifully. The hearts and the pop of red...stunning! No significant pigment inks in my collection, so I'll admire what everyone else creates this time around. I hear you about us introverts needing our 'space'; I'm such a homebody! Hope your week is less hectic, and the weather, warmer!!
c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous and so elegant! Your borders look fantastic and I like the bronze button giving it a pop of unexpected color.

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous, so elegant. You did a great job with this technique.

Ravengirl said...

What a great technique! The Olympic rings would have been very clever, too.

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Marisa! I'm tempted to try this technique but think of all the ink I can smear! LOL, I'm thinking I could make a really big mess! Your label and hearts make me want to try anyway!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! I love the silver and gold with the pop of color in the button! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

nwilliams6 said...

This is so elegant and pretty Marisa. I watched the video in the link you provided and it looks fun - I may try it. Wonderful card. Hugz!