Friday, June 13, 2014

Just Us Girls #245 - Technique Challenge

 photo JUGS245picA.jpg

Watercolor stamping is our technique challenge for this week and it is a very simple technique - my favorite kind!  Simply ink your stamp with dye or distress ink, then mist the stamp with some water and stamp it onto card stock.  Works fabulously well with flower images, and you all know how much I love flowers!

I went on the CAS side, and pulled out one of my all time favorite Stampin' Up sets - Terrific Tulips.  Tulips are my favorite flower so this set will never be departing my possession LOL!  Spritzed each stamp with water before stamping it on my card stock for each of the two step stamps.  At first glance it may  not seem any different from a cleaning stamped image, but it definitely is a softer image.

Used PTI's Linen texture plate for a touch of contrast on the white panel (doesn't really show in the photo) and then added a vellum butterfly and sentiment panel.  A few pearls finished things off nicely.

The rest of the  JUGS team along with our June Guest Designer, Shirley-Bee, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out what they've created.  Simply create a card using the sketch and link it up to the JUGS blog for a chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Remember, if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.

Wishing you a fabulous weekend! 



 

What's In It?
Stamps: Terrific Tulips (Stampin' Up), Happy Birthday (Hero Arts) 
Paper:   White, Vellum   
Ink:  Black, Positively Pink, Certainly Celery Stampin' Up) 
Accessories:  Tag Die (My Favorite Things), Linen Texture Plate (PTI), 3/8" Green Grosgrain Ribbon (Michael's), Cream Half Pearls, Twine, Dimensionals
   


19 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty and fun! You know I adore tags on cards and this ROCKS!

Lynn said...

This is awesome. I love your touch of vellum for the sentiment. Divine Marisa.

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous! I love the elegance of this and the flowers are BEAUTIFUL. Love you kept it all so clean and pretty. This is one of my favorite techniques too but I always forget about it. TFS! Hugz!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ahhhh! Love how clean and fresh this feels, Marisa! Those tulips are really pretty. Dont blame you for keeping them.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful - so good to see an old stamp showcased here. Your tulips are so pretty. I love the softness that the touches of vellum adds to this card.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marisa. I love the softness of the pretty tulips and the sentiment on vellum, along with the vellum butterfly.

ChristineCreations said...

OOO lovely! clean and beautiful. And your fav flower!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the soft watercolor effect of the tulips not to mention the little touches of vellum. This is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Can't tell you how much I love this card Marisa! It's totally beautiful and you have got the technique down to a fine art! xxx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those tulips are gorgeous! Love how they look like freehand watercoloring. Great design, too.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love those gorgeous tulips on the tag. Great addition with the butterfly and pearls....just lovely!

Maureen said...

funny how the techniques are coming back! I'm so glad I kept my SU watercolour crayons! Such a lovely bouquet :)

Maria said...

Super pretty tulips! Love what you did great job with the challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the vellum is awesome.

sue t. said...

Marisa- your CAS card makes me so happy! I love the tulips!

Kim S said...

That set is a blast from the past - and it's still lovely! And you used retired colors too. You might rival me for hoarding tendencies! Those colors are so very fresh on the white background.

Nancy in Iowa said...

This is perfectly wonderful!

Linda Callahan said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

cm said...

Love your delicate, lovely tulips. No, wait...make that LOVE x LOVE your tulips! So incredibly gorgeous... Hugs~c