Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Shine Brightly

VLV June 2014 photo VLVJun14Wk1picA.jpg

 It's time for another Viva La Verve sketch and this week, Julee has a great sketch for us to work with.  It is also a colour challenge week, so you can combine the two, or just use one one of them - your call.

This colour combo had me thinking baby card, so that is what I went with.  Some old Stampin' Up DSP, this fabulous sentiment from Shining Star, the star die from the Scalloped Trim Trio die set, a scatter of stars using the Starry die and a  touch of twine for a little something extra.

It's the first Viva La Verve sketch of the month, and the more times you enter over the course of the month's sketches, the more chances you have of winning the $100 gift certificate to Verve Stamps. 

Thanks for popping by and if you want to see which cards I chose to highlight for this week's VLV sketch, head on over to the Viva La Verve blog and check it out.

Wishing you a fabulous day!

 
 
What's In It?
Stamps:   Shining Star (Verve Stamps)
Paper:   Designer Series Paper, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Brocade Blue (Stampin' Up)  
Ink:  Black   
Accessories: 
Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set and, Starry Die (Cut Above by Verve), Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals 

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Too cute. I can tell why you thought of a baby card. Adorable!

LeAnne said...

This is so cute, Marisa! Love that sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty color combo for your adorable baby card~

Maureen said...

I love these colours for a baby card...so sweet :)

Danni said...

Really lovin' this card! The colors, the stars, the buttons...everything! Fabulous job!

ChristineCreations said...

Very cute Marisa! Great colors for a baby card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet sweet baby card Marisa! The colours and stars perfect.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling, Marisa! Love all the stars and the sweet little BABY tab.

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used the sketch and colors!! Those stars are wonderful...love the button/twine!

Stacy Morgan said...

Darling baby card! I need to use the stars more for these type of cards. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Great showcase of the Verve sentiment stamp! I have to add this to my wish list. Great layers and accents! :)

~amy~ said...

Oh this is soooo SWEET!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great baby card! The colors are perfect and I love that you used stars!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh this is so sweet. I love how you did the colour combo too. These stars are adorable.
Thank you so much for including my card in your "Recap and View Finder" today too. You made my day.

nwilliams6 said...

This is precious! Super sweet and what a really sweet message too. Love the little stars. Another totally fantastic card Marisa - I REALLY love all the cards you made this past week. Hugz!

Kim S said...

I love those colors in a baby card. I think I would have steered away from baby because of the navy - but you've used it perfectly!

cm said...

Marisa, time after time, you dazzle us with your innovative crafty-genius, and this card is simply more evidence. How gorgeous it is, with those lovely stars, pretty patterns and beautiful sentiment! New parents will be smitten with this, as am I! Hugs~c

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, this is sweet as can be! I have this set, and love it. :)