Thursday, June 12, 2014

Purple Grad Card

Purple Grad photo SSSCpicA-2.jpg 

It has been forever since I've played along with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and glad I was able to change that.  She has such wonderful sketches.

This week's sketch was perfect for the commissioned grad card I had to make.  The grad's favorite colour is purple and she loves sparkle, so that was the theme as I worked on this card.  Thankfully, I managed to find some purple in my stash as it is not a colour I often use - phew!

Used Verve's Dream Big and the coordinating Dreamy Leaves and Scalloped Flowers dies, along with PTI's number border die for the 2014.  Hoping she likes it!

Thanks for popping in today, and hope you have a great day.






What's In It? 
Stamps:   Dream Big (Verve Stamps) 

Paper:    Elegant Eggplant, Mint Medley, Almost Amethyst (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Dreamy Leaves and Scalloped Flowers Die Sets (A Cut Above by Verve), Lacy Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Numbers Border Die (PTI), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Purple Half Pearls, Bling, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Marianne said...

I do happen to like purples and lilacs and I think your card is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure the recipient will love it as well.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect card with the sketch~ I bet she loves it!

Maureen said...

a great way to celebrate graduation...love the sparkle :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a pretty grad card. I love the flower center.
I have to make a grad card for my niece today or tomorrow and as I've been thinking about it the past couple of days, I knew I didn't want to do the traditional type or have the word grad or graduation on it at all. Your card has inspired me to just go with what was in my heart. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Loe this purple grad card Marisa! The softness running down the left is gorgeous!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty~I love the bloom!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous :)

Bajalizzy said...

great card - looove the way you used these colours together

nwilliams6 said...

What a great grad card. Shows all the promise out there in the world and is so elegant. Love it!!!!! Hugz!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fun grad card, the sparkly center on the flower is great!

cm said...

Oh no, Marisa, the young grad will not like this card; she will be over-the-moon in LOVE with it! Stunning, elegant, classy and personalized: perfection in every detail. And the sparkle...sighhhhh... Hugs~c

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fabulous grad card, and great job using purple (*my* favorite color!)!