Monday, June 30, 2014

Mojo Monday #352

Mojo 352 photo Mojo352picA.jpg

It's the last Monday of the month and that means it's time for a Tall and Skinny sketch over at the Mojo Monday blog.  Love making these!

I needed a 50th birthday card for this weekend so jumped at the chance to use this sketch as it had a nice big circle for the numbers.  I used some papers from Carta Bella's Ahoy There set and added a big "5-0" front and center (in black none-the-less wink, wink) so you can't miss it.  Tweaked the sketch a teensy bit by adding the kraft strip as I felt the 50 needed a bit of grounding.  Chevrons were embossed on the white background panel for some texture, and out came my go to embellishment for masculine cards - stars.  Just realized there is absolutely no stamping on this card too.  A rare occurrence!

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  


I am soooo excited Costa Rica made it to the quarter finals in the World Cup!  What a game!!  They played a man short for over an hour and won in a shoot out against Greece.  To say I was just a tad stressed during the game is an understatement LOL!  Good to be able to breathe again!!  They have a tough draw in the next round - The Netherlands - but it is the furthest they have ever gone so I am thrilled for them.

Also, just wanted to let you know things are going to be a bit quieter here over the summer months (after the next two weeks that is), as I will be enjoying time with my kids.  They are growing up waaaay too quickly and I deeply treasure the time we can spend together.

It's going to be a busy week with our eighteenth anniversary on the 1st, a family day at the water slides on the 3rd (oh ya!!) and our friend's 50th on the 4th.  Fingers crossed the weather cooperates!

Have a fabulous week!

Challenges: The Pink Elephant



What's In It?
Paper:   Ahoy There  (Carta Bella). Night of Navy, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Kraft (Stampin' Up) 
Accessories: 
Number Dies (PTI), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Chevron Embossing Folder (Darice), Star Die (Stampin' Up), Buttons, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals  

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Enjoy your time with your beautiful family Marisa. I love your 50th card...need to make one for Pat's sister. We were cheering for Costa Rica. What a game!

Nance Leedy said...

What a bright and happy card, Marisa! Love the mix of dp and the stars. Sounds like you have a wonderful week lined up with your family--enjoy your time together! ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Sweetness! Love how the 50 just pops. Where can I get this number die? Love your blog. Thx for sharing your talent with us. Adios glad

Benzi said...

Super creation, Marisa, and that 50 was really front and center. I love those big numbers!

Sounds as if you are going to enjoy your summer. Believe, those kids will be off to college before you know. Cherish every second.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this in-your-face 50! Too fun

Maureen said...

This card looks like one happy party! I also like to make sympathy cards for the 50th! LOL

ChristineCreations said...

You picked great paper for the BD design! I love the bold 50th in black, very fun!

nwilliams6 said...

Super anniversary card! Love the big letters, the sketch and your super papers and embossing. Your friends will love it - I am hoping the weather permits so you can do all the fun things you have planned. Hugz!

Sue Crease said...

This is a wonderful card, so striking . Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

Unknown said...

Fabulous card that really makes a statement! xxx

Betty Wright said...

This is terrific! I must remember to use my number dies. I love this look!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card for a 50th Marisa! Quiet because you are spending time with your family is so wonderful. They do grow up much too quickly--enjoy!

A.Rose said...

I love the idea, the colors and wish my friends were closer to this age instead of seeing it in their rear view mirror!

Nance said...

Gorgeous 50th card! Love all the colors! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes week! Nance, DT

cm said...

Such a stunning card, Marisa, with all those elements coming together in a most visually harmonious way! You have the designer's eye, my friend! I must confess: I've not watched any soccer (I know, I know...), but Tour de France has started. Love the Tour!! Enjoy time with your family. Every. single. moment!!
~c