Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Book of Unknown Americas

 
Cristina of My Paper Secret, an amazing card maker known for her fabulous CAS cards and PTI Design Team work (she recently had to step down to promote her book etc.) recently had a book published!
 
It's had some great reviews, and is on wait lists at libraries!  Sure to be a wonderful for Book Clubs too.  You can read more about it here

Cristina generously gave 5 signed, first edition books away on her blog and I was one of the lucky winners!!  Can't wait to read it as I was born and lived in Costa Rica during my childhood so I'm sure I'll have an instant connection with the characters.  Not to mention, the timing is ever so perfect with summer quickly approaching.  
 
Cristina is such a sweet, humble, talented person.  I wish her nothing but great success in her writing career!  
 
 


6 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I thought that was you who won! Congrats! How fun to have won! I bought the book on my Nook and started reading it a little. I did not know you were born and lived in Costa Rica! We visited there a few years ago! Have fun reading!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I thought that was you that won! CONGRATS - You are also getting a bunch of stamping stuff -- how fun is that! Can't wait to see how you like the book. It is being offered in my book club [BOMC] too~

Wanda Cullen said...

Yay for you in winning this book! I ordered it for my iPad and haven't read it yet. My BIL and his ex-wife were in Costa Rica for a couple of years after they got out of college (mid-70s).

Darlene Gabriel said...

Congratulations Marisa for winning the book (and the other goodies). It was interesting to find out that you were born in and lived in Costa Rica. I'll bet this book will bring back memories for you. Enjoy.

~amy~ said...

congrats on the win! Can't wait to read your review!

cm said...

Congrats on the book and I'm so looking forward to your review! I went to our local library to see if any of Cristina's other novels were available and I was shocked - and delighted - to find out there's a waiting list!1 I'm something like 15th in line!! Definitely a sign that her books have a far and wide reach!
~c