Monday, June 16, 2014

Mojo Monday #350

Mojo #350 photo Mojo350picA.jpg

Well, summer is in full swing a bit early as the teachers are on strike out here.  Schools are closed, and I sincerely hope both sides are willing to negotiate so things get rectified sooner than later!  Kids have been caught in the middle and it has not been fun to live through, especially since  many of my friends are teachers... 

On a brighter note, I found this fabulous paper from My Little Shoebox at my
LSS, which was the springboard for my card.  Unfortunately, it ended up being pretty much covered up... I pulled the colours from it and added an embossed, chevron background with my new EF, and a pop of turquoise for some colour.  Something seemed to be a miss, so I added the "friend" tab.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  


Let the summer begin :)


What's In It?
Stamps:   Be Blessed, Text Objects (Verve Stamps)
Paper:   Garden Party (My Little Shoebox), Old Olive, Rose Romance, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black
Accessories: 
Flutterby and Flag It Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Lacy Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Chevron Embossing Folder (Darice), 5/8" Turquoise Satin Ribbon (Michael's), Button, Twine, Bling, Glue Dot, Dimensionals 

18 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just delightful and such a fresh design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lynn said...

Such a sweet card Marisa. I love the touch of pink pearls and sequins.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card - love the stark black sentiment's font!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Sweet card and sure to make anyone have a happy day. I like the little "Friend" flag at the bottom.
I do hope that things will resolve quickly there with the teachers etc and sorry you've been put in an uncomfortable position have a lot of teacher friends.
Darbaby on SCS

Wanda Cullen said...

Love these vivid summery colors and the bold font in the sentiment! Wow, sure would be stressful to have a strike near the end of the school year. :-( Hope it gets worked out quickly!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card Marisa and would love to play in your patterned paper stash!

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the colors and textures on the bright and "happy" card. So sweet, Marisa.

Vickie Z said...

Love your butterfly, colors, and what a perfect bow! I read on Moe's blog a while back about teacher strikes....yes, that's a toughie for all! Hope things work out!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the beautiful ribbon and the pop of the blue butterfly!

cm said...

Your card is 10000% Happy making in every way! Such pretty colours and images. Teachers' strikes truly are challenges to everyone. Hopefully, resolution will come swiftly. Hugs~c

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and details, Marisa! Great card!

~amy~ said...

I was just thinking of MLS the other day...what a fun card!

Unknown said...

Great card :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card. Love the blue butterfly with the pink pearls.

nwilliams6 said...

So cheerful and sweet! Makes me smile. Love the ribbon and colors! Hope you are having a great weekend Marisa! Hugz!

Donna Nuce said...

What a gorgeous happy card! Love the bright colors and the pretty blue butterfly. Have a great day! (or a happy day -- either one LOL)

Colleen Dietrich said...

That *is* great paper! I was thinking how happy it feels. Good on you for finding it at your LSS!

Darnell said...

That is a stunning sentiment stamp and I love it showcased in a scalloped circle like that, Marisa! I love the gorgeous papers and ribbon, too!! Thanks again for joining in my NBUS Challenge!! I hope the strike ends soon! Hugs, Darnell