Monday, June 23, 2014

Mojo Monday #351

Mojo 351 photo Mojo351picA.jpg

It's time for another fabulous Mojo Monday sketch by Julee.

I adore this paper by Simple Stories which I recently picked up at my LSS.  Such a  fabulous colour combination, and the fact it has flowers makes it all the better!

This wonderful Hello Friend Plain Jane is such a great sentiment - love the large font!  I stamped it on one of the banners from the Banner Bundle die set, added a bit of trim using the heart die from the Scalloped Trim Trio set, and where there are flowers...yes, you know the drill....there has to be a Flutterby butterfly.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  


Into week two of summer break, and I am already staying up late reading as schedules are more relaxed and I have more time to do so.  Started off with the long awaited release of Diana Gabaldon's In My Own Heart's Blood, the next book in her Outlander series.  It's been a long four years waiting for this book, and so far it hasn't disappointed.  Can't wait for the TV show of the series scheduled to start in August!  Combine that with reading the Game of Thrones series and my summer reading time is basically spent as they are all 800 plus page books!  However, there is always room on my reading list so if you have a good book you would recommend, I'd love to hear about it.

Also playing along with the current NBUS challenge which is a friendship theme.

Have a fabulous day!




What's In It?
Stamps:   Hello Friend Plain Jane (Verve Stamps), French Script (Stampin' Up)
Paper:   The Story of Us (Simple Stories), More Mustard, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Cream (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories: 
Flutterby, Scalloped Trim Trio and Banner Bundle Die Set  (A Cut Above by Verve), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals 
 

18 comments:

Lynn said...

My sister-in-law loves the Outlander series. Nothing better than a good book! Love your card...the sweet row of hearts is my favorite part.

Marlene said...

What a lovely fresh looking card. Enjoy your color choices.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You have the most amazing supply of awesome dp! This card is fabulous~

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the little heart border.

Unknown said...

I love this! It's so very fresh and reminds me of summer meadows. Wonderful work Marisa! xx

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Marisa, with some very pretty dp used. Enjoy your reading time...I'm sure you will.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, Marisa! Love the mix of dies you used - so perfect with this sketch! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your summer!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Marisa! Love that dp. The Outlander series is on my bucket list, so glad you are finding time to read!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Very pretty card. I agree... this is really pretty paper. I like that twine bow and button on the butterfly.
Enjoy your reading:)

Darnell said...

I really love this one, Marisa! Once again, so much eye candy to explore!! Thank you for linking again with my NBUS Challenge!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! So well put together!

cm said...

I'm so loving this card, to the point where 'casing' is calling my name! I discovered some NBUS Verve that really warrants attention! Oh, the Outlander series...I started them years ago and really should go back to re-read and catch up. Romance, adventure, some mystery: she's covered it all. On my 'must read list': The Painted Girls, Girl in Hyacinth Blue, Christine's new novel and, when it's released in August, Louise Penny's latest Inspector Gamache mystery (LOVE her series!!). One more week, then summmer break!!! Hugs~c

Jen Mitchell said...

Pretty! Love these colors!

Kim S said...

Oooh...I just got that paper but hadn't even opened up the pad yet - you have shown me how lovely it can be!

Patti said...

So sweet! I love the color combo you selected!

Patti

Maureen said...

such lovely papers...love the softer palette :)

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! No one puts together elements like you my friend. Love every detail and the colors are delish. Hugz!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love the sweet little heart border and all the little elements you have added - very pretty.