Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Color Dare 79

COLOR DARE 79
Marina Mist
Wild Wasabi
Early Espresso

I have been wanting to make a button tree for some time now after seeing the great ones my blogging friend Maureen makes.  This week's Color Dare was the perfect excuse because I paired it with one of Taylor's sketches from a few weeks back that had a large circle, perfect for the tree image.  

I had to substitute all the colours (said hanging my head in shame...) but I think I caught the essence of the dare and I love how these colours work together.  The splash of blue against the earth tones is wonderful :)

I used the leaf image from Stampin' Up's Season of Friendship to make a background on the olive panel, Swiss Dotted my white panel (yes, I'm signing up for Swiss Dots Anonymous again LOL!), added some twine to the ends of the sentiment panel and a few pearls finished things off.  I can see why you love making these so much, Maureen - they are fun!

The rest of the Team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations here:
We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD79.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog, as well as noting two honorable mentions.

Have a great day and I'll be back with another Verve Release sketch card soon.


What's In It?
Stamps: (SU)Season of Friendship
Paper:  Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, VersaMark
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories:  Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, SU Scalloped Border Punch, Half Pearls, Twine, Buttons, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I just love seeing cards like this where buttons are incorporated into the image...so adorable!

Christina said...

Ooh, this is adorable! What a perfect design for this color combo. I love the stamped leaf bg, so perfect with the button tree! I'll have to check out Maureen's blog to see more of these!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect tree for the sketch!! Love all the colors.

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card, Marisa. I love those buttons for the leaves on this tree. It would be a perfect way for me to use up my discontinued buttons. Thanks for the inspiration.

Glenda J said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love your button tree!

Maureen said...

Yay for button trees!!! Love it!! I have one for tomorrow...love the blue ones :) Aren't they fun? I bet you're addicted!!! LOL

Dawn B. said...

This is a buttonly beautiful tree... I love buttons.. I could use them on a card each and every day.. This is perfect for the color challenge..:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a perfect sketch for your image and you rocked it! I so love your button tree and your use of the colors!!

Nance Leedy said...

Just perfect Marisa! Such a happy card with these happy colors. Adore the button tree and your stamped background. Fantastic job!