Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Color Dare 82


COLOR DARE 82
Daffodil Delight
Night of Navy
Old Olive



This was such a fun colour combination to work with, I will definitely be using it again :)  I haven't used Night of Navy all that much, but the more I use it the more I love it.  Plus, it looks stunning with olive and celery, two of my favorite greens.

Once again, I paired this week's colours with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch - can you tell I love her sketches LOL!  The large focal panel  made me immediately think of one of my favorite Stampin' Up sets, For All You Do.  I haven't used it for a while due to my recent Verve flower craze, so out it came. 

Some Girl's Papier polka dotted olive DP was a perfect match and accented with saffron all round.

The rest of the Team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations here:

We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD82.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog.


Thanks for stopping in and have a great day :)




What's In It?

Stamps: (SU) For All You Do
Paper:  Night of Navy, Paper Doll DP
Ink:  Old Olive, Night of Navy, So Saffron
Accessories:  5/8" Satin Saffron Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, SU Scalloped Border Punch, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

What a pretty color combo!! I love how this turned out. You do wonders with those gorgeous graphic flower sets of yours, Marisa :)

Vickie Z said...

Yes, the Night of Navy looks gorgeous with the other colors!! Love how you used them in your layout!! Gorgeous card!!

Christina said...

What a lovely focal image! It's amazing how you took these rich colors and made something so delicate. I love the little pops of yellow here here and there. Such a sweet card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aww this is beautiful! Nice and clean and just stunning in the colors!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is such a pretty card, that polka dot paper just makes it so "happy"! I also like the little pops of yellow throughout. Just gorgeous! :)

Danni said...

So pretty! Love the scallops peeking from behind the green..nice touch!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So lovely, Marisa. It definitely has that WRM flair! I'll have to play along with this challenge, too, sometime. Seems like there aren't enough crafting hours in the day to do all the challenges I would love to do.

Denise Marzec said...

I love your pretty and clean style. Always a treat to see what you've been up to in your craft room. :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, this is a fabulous combo of colors! I've neglected navy for a long time, but you've inspired me to try this!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, the colors are wonderful. Your blend of the colors is very striking! The cut work and layered detailing on the flowers is fantastic! Lovely card!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh Marisa, your card is so lovely! :)

Benzi said...

Gorgeous! I just used the Night of Navy today and love it. Glad to see it paired with Old Olive. I'll have to try that.

Maureen said...

those flowers are stunning and really pop :) sweet little scallop border!! I'm listening to Campbell's speech right now and all I'm hearing is "WAH, WAH, WAH.," like the Peanuts teacher talking!! LOL He's throwing a lot of numbers around...

TannyP said...

Every time I see this set, I know exactly where I am! You always use it so perfectly. Love those colors - you sure do know how to do the sketch/color combos up right, Marisa!

Stacy Morgan said...

Classy! Oh I like these colors and the crisp feeling!

Andrea Ewen said...

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful colors on this card, awesome design and wonderful clean lines. Perfect "Marisa" card!

Sue said...

you have rocked these colours Marisa, brilliant use of the layout too! :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your flowers - perfect card!