Monday, October 25, 2010

I Lift My Eyes


Amber let us chose our own inspiration for this sketch.  I chose the fabulous fall colours that are all around me.  You can even see a touch of the yellow tree in my neighbour's back yard on the left side of the card LOL!   I have many a happy "sigh" when I see the beauty around me at this time of year - that is until the leaves begin to fall and you have to rake them up LOL!

I chose the Verve Psalm 121: 1-2 Plain Jane as my focal sentiment and paired it with some Basic Grey Capella and an unknown polka dotted piece that was in my scrap pile.  Not thrilled with the mix, but nothing else I had seemed to work.

I rounded the corner on the top right to try to fill in that space a bit.  Still seems a bit empty, but I'm going with it for now.  Got all four sketches done this month (phew), so I'm a happy camper, and have my fingers crossed in the hopes of being the winner of the entire next release.

Off to take our kitty to the vet for  some teeth cleaning and a possible tooth extraction.  Poor little guy.  Hopefully he isn't mad at me for long at having taken him - one never knows with a cat LOL!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by for a visit :)




What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Psalm 121: 1-2
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Cream Linen, Basic Grey Capella
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Labels 4 Nesties, SU Scalloped Border Punch, Corner Rounder, 1/4" Moss Grossgrain Ribbon, Yellow Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marisa, I hope your kitty fares well! Is this the one you've kind of adopted from the neighbor?

I like the verse you used on your card. It makes me feel good to read it. And how apropos that your chosen fall colors are reflected in the nature outside your window! This time of year fills me with awe, too. I took a walk this morning and was snapping shots of the gorgeous foliage around the lake. I'll post it soon on my blog; too gorgeous not to share! Big hugs to you.

Wanda Cullen said...

It's a perfectly lovely mix IMO! This is such a fantastic verse and you highlighted it so well! Yes...I love the fall color palette in nature, too. My DH picked up tons of leaves on Saturday (he has a huge mower and leaf picker upper, so I don't have to rake too much).

TannyP said...

Beautiful job, Marisa! You did a perfect combination of colors & textures!

ChristineCreations said...

This is one of my most favourite verses. It's a lovely autumn feeling card!

We've got snow coming down today! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

So elegant and a wonderful sentiment xx

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Marisa! Wow, Colleen is so observant to see how you matched your background scenery with your card...a sweet little surprise bonus! Goodness, I just typed donuts instead of bonus...I guess I'd better eat some breakfast (hehe).
Anyway, I love that mix of dps on your card, I have a really hard time mixing different lines of paper but you've done extremely well! I hope you do win the next release, there are some great stamps to create with!
The verse on this card is wonderfully soothing and calming. Great job as always, my friend!

Emily Keaton said...

What a beautiful backdrop for your lovely card! The greens are so refreshing. I hope you and your kitty can still be friends ;)

Christina said...

This is really fabulous, Marisa! The mix of papers looks perfect to me, and the yellow button adds a warm touch of color. Very pretty!

Sue said...

Marisa this is fabulous, your mix of colours and papers is perfect! hope all goes well at the vet with your kitty kat! :)

Dawn B. said...

awww poor kitty. Hope he came through okay. Your card is beautiful. I love the paper. I like that you combined 2 patterns. Great job.

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, your card is beautiful!!! Love the Psalm and your take on the Sketch!!! Love the new Spellbinder die you used :)!!!

Hope kitty is doing okay??? Hugs ~S~

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Marisa!!! So pretty, I love the DSP you used!

Maureen said...

so beautiful!!! love the inspiration :) The sentiment on the labels die is just lovely...I made a card with that stamp too this weekend :) It's officially COLD here!!! But the weekend was so sunny and lovely :)

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Marisa..and an awesome verse. I see the pretty tree outside your window...isn't Fall wonderful?

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome colors - that pop of yellow is perfect!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a great layout and pretty combo of colors and patterned papers.

When we took in one of our foster cats he had been in very bad shape - including his mouth and teeth. He had lost several before we found him and we had to have several more removed or ground down. He has only 2 full teeth and 6 "nubbins". It doesn't seem to bother him at all and he eats just fine, as can be attested to by his round tummy. I'm sure your cat will fare just fine.

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the colors and dp you used along with the sentiment!! Great job on this sketch!!