Saturday, October 2, 2010

Color Throwdown A La Verve


This is my second post of the day as I'm making good progress on the Verve sketches :)  I combined the second Verve release sketch with this week's Color Throwdown.  I just love fall colours (happy sigh...) and and this one reminded me of the colours of the maple trees on our street.

I created the background panel using the leaf image from Stampin' Up's Season of Friendship set and this wonderful Plain Jane was the prefect sentiment for a Thanksgiving themed card, especially since next weekend is Thanksgiving up here in Canada.

Since the leaves had dots on them I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on the vanilla panel to tie things together and added this yummy red, satin ribbon for a pop of color.  A few half pearls on the sentiment panel and I was good to go.

Two down and three to go LOL!  Back tomorrow with my next card.




What's In It?
Stamps: (SU) Season of Friendship, (Verve) Plain Jane 
Paper:  Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Ink:  Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories:  Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 5/8" Red Satin Ribbon, Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! Love that big bow and just everything about it! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week!

Kristina said...

Aren't fall colors the best? They just make my heart happy.

I love how you stamped the leaves in the three colors. They look like the are swirling around on the breeze. Have I mentioned that I love fall?

I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible moment late last night! I hope that ankle heals quickly! Wasn't that sermon amazing this morning? I found myself weeping at the end of it (once again... Seriously, I have cried more at church with Jeff as the pastor than ever before!). Something about baptisms just get to me. It's such a beautiful sign of commitment to God. A symbol of God's love. And the doors of Rwanda opening up!! So incredible! I'm so excited for him to go back next year and find out what God has in store!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Marisa! I love fall colors too... and those pearls on your sentiment are just too cute!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh this one is beautiful!!! LOVE your leafy BG and the way you used the colours is fantastic!!!! LOVE the ribbon treatment too!!!

Emily Keaton said...

What, no *maple* leaves on this beautiful fall card?? Honestly, Marisa, I would have expected more of you--LOL!!! I guess I'll just have to use enough maple leaves for the both of us!! :)

I DO adore these fall CTD colors. They make me happy!! Love the way you threaded the ribbon through one side of your sentiment panel, too :)

Laura Pryor said...

OMG! This is such a pretty card!!! I love how you used the leaves from Season of Friendship to make your pretty fall background! So so nice! Thank you for playing with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your leafy bg!! Fabulous!! And the sweet little pearls on the sentiment? Awesome!! I love that you made your base panel textured too!! Lovely card!!

Benzi said...

Love those awesome leafy colors and the wonderful ribbon treatment. No pretty leaves where I live yet..but in time they will turn.

Wanda Cullen said...

Great creation for both the color throwdown and the Verve sketch! I forgot all about my large oval punch...duh...pretty bad when you forget what supplies you own. Does that mean I have too many? LOL!

Tanya said...

So pretty Marisa! Gorgeous colors and I love your bow.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a clever use of the leaf stamp from this tree set. It especially looks good in the fall colors. I have this set and will be using this idea myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda Callahan said...

You are rocking all of these challenges! Your cards are beautiful - that sprain hasn't affected your mojo! They are all beautiful!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesomely Fall-ish card! Love that wonderfu leafy background paper and that vibrant, red bow! Super-D-Duper!