Friday, October 1, 2010

ColorQ's First Anniversary



This card is in celebration of ColorQ's first anniversary.  The twist is you have to use this sketch and one of the past year's color challenges to make a card.

I chose the very first ColorQ challenge as it had green and pinks, which screamed flowers to me!  I know some of you must be getting tired of these Verve flowers, but I just can't put them down!!  I'll try to branch out, I promise LOL!

I didn't have any DP that matched the colours so I used my French Script background stamp to create a pattern.  The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory.

We have another fabulous sunny day here.  The leaves are starting to turn some beautiful colours, which just makes my heart sing :)  Even the cat is friskier than normal LOL!  I'm off to enjoy a big walk in the sunshine because the rain will be coming soon enough!  Have a fabulous day :)




What's In It?

Stamps:  (Verve) Dream Big, Because of You, (SU) French Script
Paper:  Basic Greg, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Ink:  VersaMark, Black
Accessories:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, 5/8" Pink Satin Ribbon, Button, Glue Dot, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

17 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

How lovely Marisa! Beautiful use of these colors and what a great layout! Excellent details too!

I know I'm enjoying whatever warm fall days we have here too....won't be long and they will be gone!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Marissa! You are right, it does scream flowers and our spring and summer have moved into fall! Love your card and thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for playing CQC again this week!

Kathy Martin said...

This card is so beautiful! Love the popped flower and the design! :)

Christina said...

I am definitely not getting tired of the flowers-you always use them them beautifully! I love the French script you stamped on the bg panel and the flower.

Renée said...

beautiful job with the layout, Marisa! Love your stamping!

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous card, Marisa! I love the ColourQ combo you chose for it--such luscious colors!! I'm so jealous of your sunshine. We've had high winds, high humidity, and lots of moisture as the remnants of Tropical Storm Nicole blew through. It's feeling very tropical (but not in a good way) here.

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors you chose and definitely not tired of those flowers {one of my favs, too!!}. Love the french script on the background panel and on the flower!!

Imke said...

Marisa, great color choice and i like the big bow and the flower.Very pretty !

Stillacanuck said...

Beautiful card!
When I was up on the Island (last week)it rained the whole time I was there! My brother lives in White Rock, very pretty city!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous card!! Great colors...great sketch! So glad you're having nice weather...today was beautiful in VA as well!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Marisa! I love the clean lines of your design, and the background stamp really works well.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your cards are so amazing - I wanna be you when I grow up - lol - Love the color choice you chose! So elegant!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! xx

Kathy Jones said...

LOVE this one too!!!!!! The flower is stunning and love what you did with the sketch!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the script on the background and the flower! FAB card!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the different colors of pink!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card. If you are interested in colour challenges, please come join us this week at Stampin' Royalty. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com