Monday, October 4, 2010

Inkspirations A La Verve



The good news is I've completed three of the five Verve release sketches -- said doing a happy dance.  The bad news is I ended up with extra stamping time today due to a middle of the night injury - ugh!  I got up to go to the bathroom, and unbeknown to me, my leg was asleep, so when I went to take a step it totally gave way under me.  Result, one very badly sprained foot - double ugh!!  A total inconvenience, to say the least!  So, here I sit, with an ice pack on my foot and my leg elevated typing this post.

I paired this sketch with this week's Inkspirations Colour Challenge.  This is such a yummy colour combination!  I am really getting into Not Quite Navy these days and loving it :)  Couldn't stay away from me new Verve flowers for long LOL!  Out came my Dream Big set - just love this flower and the script of the sentiment.  I had a great score at a local dollar store this week too!  They had all sorts of little packages of buttons for $1.25 and I took one of each of the colours options :)  The button on this card is one of them - a pretty close match to Night of Navy.

I think the next two sketches are going to give me some grief....hopefully not too badly LOL!  I'll be back when I have mastered one of them! Have a fabulous day and thanks for dropping by :)




What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Dream Big
Paper:  Night of Navy, Old Olive, Real Red
Ink:  Old Olive, Real Red, Black
Accessories:  Diamonds In The Rough Embossing Folder, Crimper, SU Scalloped Oval and Large Oval Punches, Button, Glue Dot, Half Pearls, Dimensionals





13 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Great job rockin' these Verve sketches! It has such a pretty and fresh feeling

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty, Marisa! Love how everything pops against the Night of Navy background. Hope your leg is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I love this Marisa - so bold and pretty. I love the button at the centre of the flower. xx

Benzi said...

Love the flower and your nice button buy. I must tell you I had a similar experience as yours. I woke up one night with my foot asleep. I sat on the side of the side and gave it a few poundings on the floor. I went back to sleep and the next morning it was so bruised and swollen. Had to go to the ER as it was the weekend. I had damaged some tendons and ligaments and the doctor said I would have been better off if I had broken it. So, be very careful.
Hope you're recuperating well today. You're sure making some wonderful cards.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aren't night falls the pits! So sorry to hear about your accident - but, more time to master those Verve sketches!!! This card is so nice and clean - just gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you work with color!! Great card!! Dang...keep the foot up and stamp, stamp, stamp!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Way to rock the Verve sketch, Marissa, but OMG...I'm so sorry about your night trip accident! A sprain can be so very painful. I just finished my 3rd card, also, and am wearing a winter coat since our furnace died. They have to order a part (due to come tomorrow), so in the meantime, I have to endure the chilly house. Where oh where is some of that heat we had just a few weeks ago when the temps were in the 90's?!

Gail S. said...

CUTE card - hope your foot gets better, take care :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Another gorgeous card Marisa....the flower and the colors are awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Andrea Ewen said...

Yikes! There are better ways to have DH do housework, short of injuring yourself! I just stomp my feet and throw a tantrum and he'll do anything I want, if I'll just put a cork in it! Seriously though, I hope you get better soon, there's nothing worse than wanting to do something/go somewhere and be stuck!
Anyway, why I came here before my rant was to tell you how wonderful your card is! You are definitely on your game with these sketches! That color combination is amazing and that tricked out flower is awesome! Keep crankin' out the creativity! I'm countin' on ya!

Lynda said...

I am a frequent ankle tweaker (life of a netballer) so I can relate to your frustration!!! I love the texture that you have going in this card. Awesome.

Kristina said...

Not Quite Navy is one of my most favorite SU colors. It's just the most gorgeous shade of blue... and it looks good like everything. Perhaps NQN is the new neutral?!

And it looks to bright and cheery on this card, too! I love the double layered flower with the bright blue button. Buttons make everything better. :)

Makeesha Byl said...

Beautiful Marisa, Love your layered flower! THanks so much for playing, Love Keesh x