Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Color Dare 81



 COLOR DARE 81
Peach Parfait
Rich Razzleberry
Sahara Sand

I had to do some substituting this week as I don't own any Rich Razzleberry or Peach Parfait, but the colours worked quite nicely :)

It was wonderful to use one of Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketches again as I just love her sketches and haven't had a chance to play along for some time.  That being said, I promptly flipped the sketch to accommodate my ribbon LOL!  

Since I still had Great Friend on my desk (actually it has never really been put away yet!), it was the perfect excuse to use it again...sorry....I just can't put these gorgeous Verve flowers down!!  I stamped the flowers in Apricot Appeal and matted them on to circle and Label 3 Nesties.

In an attempt (note the word attempt LOL!) to break my habit of using Swiss Dots on everything, I decided to stamp one of the images from Verve's Accent Notes on the Eggplant panel for a bit of a pattern, and used my PTI medium scallop die (love this thing!) for the side scallops.  A few black accents and I was good to go :)

The rest of the Team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations here:

We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD81.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog. 

The sun is shining here and the Fall colours are in full display...happy sigh :) Have a great day!




What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Great Friend, Accent Notes
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand
Ink:  Apricot Appeal, VersaMark
Accessories:  Labels 3 Nesties, Circle Nesties, PTI Medium Scallop Die, 5/8" White Satin Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, Black Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals 



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, Marisa! That flower is just beautiful so there'll be no complaints from me if you use it lots! I really like the scalloped border with the black pearls too x

Nance Leedy said...

I'm glad you can't put that set down--it's so pretty, I won't tire of looking at it! Great layout and I LOVE the background stamp you did--looks FAB!

Christina said...

Oh, this is lovely Marisa! You have me drooling over these flowers every time! I love the way you've layered the focal point, and I'll have to pull out my Accent Notes to CASE your gorgeous background!

Amy Sheffer said...

So pretty, Marisa! What a great color combo! Beautiful job on the challenge!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, what a gorgeous color combo, Marisa!! So glad to see you going outside the box ;) with the Accent Notes, instead of Swiss dots!! Beautiful work on this elegant card :)

Maureen said...

love the background Marisa!! And you can never go wrong with that flower set!! I'm sure yours is as brown as mine now :) Love the white outline on it :) We're off to the Salmon Run today...and it's supposed to be sunny, so it should be a great time :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

so elegant and beautiful !!!!OH MY!!! your work is simply
a-mazing !!!!!!!!!
tfs:)

Renée said...

ooooh, beautiful! love the combination of shapes and colours!

Glenda J said...

Love your layered flower! Absolutely fantastic!

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely card! Your layered flower is beautiful! :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you matted your big, bold flower to make it the focal point of your card.

Benzi said...

Ooh,la,la..Marisa, these colors are gorgeous together. Of course, the flower is beautiful and I really love your ribbon/button treatment

jjcreations said...

Great card Marisa. I love that flower!!!....and the little pearls at each scallop is a elegant addition! Love it.

Kristina said...

This is oh-so-gorgeous!! I love how you dig deep and get creative with the color challenges, even swapping out colors for what's on hand! And your cards always turn out amazingly! LOVE that apricot appeal flower. So purdy all layered like that. And turning the sketch sideways was GENIUS! I just might have to copy you on that one... The vertical is giving me a little bit of trouble for some reason....

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of these colors!!

Dawn B. said...

You are always so good with these challenges.. I usually create and then look for a challenge.. I love the way you layered your flowers.. This is a great set..

Stacy Morgan said...

Great CAS style, and personally I like the tiny pearls as accents.