Friday, October 1, 2010

Curtain Call Act 49


I just love the colours Stacey chose for this week's Curtain Call challenge.  However, when I got to trying to put them together, they gave me the gears!  I must have tried fifteen different sketches to no avail - ugh.  Thankfully, this wonderful OCC sketch came to the rescue!  I used it on this week's Color Dare challenge and loved it and am loving it all the more now LOL!

I dug into my sloooooowly dwindling Costco DP pack and came up with this DP. I must admit, I have shied away from this striped pattern for a long time, but it worked wonderfully for me today.  My SU ornament punch and coordinating stamps arrived yesterday, and since it is a crime to leave new rubbah unattended lest it feel unloved, I made sure it got some love :)   

I stamped the ornament image in red ink on red card stock and outlined the image on the ornament with a white gel pen.  Why you ask?  Okay, even if you don't care, I'll tell you LOL!  I didn't like the white outline around the ornament when I stamped it in red ink on vanilla card stock and then punched it out.  I wanted a dark red image and the paper gave it to me better than a stamped image.  Some half pearls added a bit of "oomph" to the ornament and the embossing folders added some texture.  A ribbon and a button and another Christmas card is done :)

I'm thankful our glorious weather is still here because that means I get to watch my son's soccer game tomorrow in the warm sunshine - oh happy, joy, joy LOL!   Soon enough we will be dressed in mittens, scarves, rain gear etc. in order to watch the games so cheers to warm weather and sunshine :)

Thanks for visiting today and have a fabulous weekend!





What's In It?
Stamps: (SU) Delightful Decorations
Paper:  Basic Black, Linen Vanillaa, Sahara Sand, Real Red, Costco DP
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Snowflakes and Swiss Dots Embossing Folders, Nesties Label 4, SU Ornament Punch, White Gel Pen, Half Pearls, 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, Red Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, I think your take on the colors turned out beautifully!!! This is an awesome X-mas card!!! Hugs ~S~

Christina said...

I love all of the textures and the pop of red on this card. How clever of you to stamp the ornament in red ink on red cardstock! It really does give it a rich color, and the pearls look fabulous. So glad you joined us this week at the Curtain Call!

Laurel said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Your hard work working with the colours really paid off, Marisa! This is just stunning. As you say, the striped paper works really well with the design. I love that sketch too!

Emily Keaton said...

What--no more Verve today??? LOL! Lucky you to have the SU ornament punch/stamps in your collection now. This is such a classy Christmas card!! Enjoy your day in the sun :)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful blend of these colors, Marisa! Great colors for Christmas, too! Lovely card!

Dawn B. said...

It is gorgeous here too.. I am so thankful for cooler temps. Just not ready for the mittens yet.. This is a beautiful card Marisa.. I love that snowflake..:)

TrishG said...

Very pretty layering. I love the ornament - I really want to get that one!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Marisa! Perfect color choices and stunning dimension with all those embossed panels! Looks like you only have to make about 50 more and you're all set for Christmas cards! Shouldn't take you longer than, say, 3 months! Ha! I would LoVe to get a card like that for Christmas!

Linda Callahan said...

Crisp and Christmas-y!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Marissa! Great use of the colors. Thank you for playing with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another "ROCK IT OUT OF THE PARK" card my friend! Love it!

Renée said...

wow! this is awesome, Marisa! LOVE the colours and embossing!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous! thanks for playing the curtain call, Marisa! miss you:)

Kathy Jones said...

LOVE this one - the gorgeous rich colours and pop of red for the ornament!!! Beautiful and regal Marisa!!!

Nance Leedy said...

So pretty Marisa! Love the embossed background and the red ornament just pops off the screen. Congrats on a well-deserved Show Stopper!

Benzi said...

I love the stripes, Marisa! Can't wait to do a card with my ornmament punch. Yours is gorgeous!!!