Thursday, October 21, 2010

Curtain Calling Verve


This week, Amber decided to combine the sketch with a colour challenge of brown, turquoise and orange.  As it turns out, these are this week's Curtain Call colours, so I got a two-fer :)  Absolutely love this colour combination! 

I pulled out Verve's Autumn Splendor, which I won through the release sketch challenges for the last release, and went to work.  Just love how Julee included the same shape leaves in different sizes as well as just their outlines.  Endless possibilities and combinations!

I stamped three of the small leaf images on the turquoise background panel with VersaMark to create a bit of a pattern (bit hard to see in the picture), and then used one of the large leaf images as my focal point.  The sentiment is a bonus "thanks for your order" stamp Julee included in one of my orders a while back.  The bling on the focal panel is a la Maureen.  Love how she often adds little touches of bling on her cards.  In my case, it filled in the empty space on the right of the leaves perfectly :)

The more I look at this colour combination, the more I want to make another card using it!  Think I know what I'll be doing today LOL!  Have a great day!




What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Autumn Splendor
Paper:  Only Orange, Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Ink:  VersaMark, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Only Orange
Accessories:  Labels 3 Nestie, Circle Nestie, Threading Water Punch, Orange Ribbon, Half Pearls, Bling, Dimensionals


23 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful card!

Christina said...

Isn't this a fab color combo? You always have me adding Verve sets to my wish list! The leaf stamps are wonderful, and I love the little details like the scallops below the sentiment and the perfectly placed gems. Wonderful use of the colors this week!

Jodi Collins said...

I totally LOVE everything about this! The colors, the layout, the stamps...AWESOME!

Maureen said...

ah, these were fabulous colours :) I was so happy to see them again after the VLV challenge :) Love the bling...isn't it fun to add? Just a little bit of sparkle and WOW! So you have your stamps!! Did you have them mailed to your US PO box? I still don't have mine and ordered the Friday afternoon of the release! EEK! I really would like to use them this weekend :) Your card is making me impatient again!! LOL

Kathy Martin said...

Love your sweet card Marisa! Those stamped leaves are pretty! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful, Marisa!! I love those colors AND this sketch. Those leaf sprigs are lovely :)

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh! Great job on both challenges! I love this! Hugs to you!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Marissa!!! Totally adorable and great job combining challenges!

Danni said...

Very pretty! I like the versamarked background!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is wonderful! Love how you blended these colors! The touches of gems are fabulous, too! Lovely card! Hope you are dong great!

Benzi said...

Gorgeous colors and I see those wonderful leaves you stamped on the turquoise. What a wonderful prize you won and that sentiment is just lovely, too.

Dawn B. said...

Wow how lucky that they both had the same color combos.. That never happens.. LOVE this card. You are right about the little bit of bling.. Great job.

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful card Marisa! You really made these colors sing--love the touch of orange in the center and the bit 'o' bling is absolutely perfect!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Love what you've done with the color combo and the sketch!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a totally gorgeous creation, Marisa! thanks for playing the curtain call!

Kristina said...

As soon as Julee sneak peaked these leaves, I knew they had your name written all over them! I'm so excited to see what all you are going to create with them... This first creation is AMAZING! LOVE those leaves in the middle and the little touch of bling (I think Maureen's on to something there... lol). And the aprong lace punch looks like the ribbon! How fun is that?!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I'm so with you - love these colors together!! Beautiful card!

Vickie Z said...

Lovin those leaves!! Love the colors and the way you used the sketch!! Pearls and a little bling are perfect!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Marisa. Love the lay-out you used and the great image. Nice use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stunner. Great leave element. Way to rock the color curtain challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...way to go on winning the VV Set :)!!! You once again rocked the Curtain Call colors!!!

I'll be thinging of you when I have my Spa treatment..*wink*!!!
Toooo bad you don't live closer...we could have had a girly day together!!! Hugs CS~

Stacy Morgan said...

This is sweet. I like the scallop along the sentiment panel.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

fabulous card!!!!!! and the colors are just perfect for this image !!!!
tfs:)