Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Corner Bookmarks


I have seen these corner bookmarks on quite a few blogs, Denise Marzec's The Paper Landscaper, in particular. She has posted about seven or eight beauties on her blog, and I finally gave in and decided to try one.  You can find a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers here.

I kept mine pretty simple, with minimal embellishments, as I wasn't sure how bulky it would be in the book.  After trying it in one of my books, it is just fine, so I may go ahead and add a few more gold half pearls to the tree to glitz it up a bit :)  

They are really simple and a lot of fun to make.  When I showed this one to my daughter (who is an avid reader), she told me she wanted a few for herself.  I now have a perfect stocking stuffer for her :)   

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend with lots of family time and a great feast cooked by my hubby, the gourmet chef in the family.  Turkey soup is made and we have a fridge full of leftovers to keep us going through the week LOL!

Back tomorrow with my Color Dare card.  Have a great day :)




What's In It?
Stamps:  (SU) Contempo Christmas
Paper:  Mellow Moss, Real Red
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Gold Twine, Gold Half Pearls, Dimensinoals

14 comments:

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Marisa. I have been wondering how these were made. Thanks for the link. I had no idea it was in 'resources' on SCS. Duh!
Good idea for the stocking stuffer. Now, I'll have to try one of these soon.

Anonymous said...

This is just fabulous! You never cease to amaze and inspire me Marisa! xx

Wanda Cullen said...

I must try one sometime...they are so darling and would be perfect to give as a gift along with a book!

Emily Keaton said...

This is SO pretty, Marisa!! I've seen these, too, and have been intrigued by them. I wondered about the bulkiness issue, too--the ones I've seen have been pretty well tricked out and I couldn't imagine them in a book! It's good to know what you found out.

I am SO jealous of your turkey soup and fridge full of leftovers--one of the happy, happy consequences of a yummy Thanksgiving feast :)

Tanya said...

So pretty! I have been wanting to try one too, thanks for the inspiration.

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, your bookmark is beautiful!!! Loved the ones Denise made too and I've been wanting to try one forever too...but it doesn't seem to happen...LOL!!! Glad you tried it and this one is perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

Christina said...

Oh how pretty! Much better than the library due date cards I usually use! LOL Thanks for sharing!

Maureen said...

what a great idea!!! I love that your daughter wanted some :) They would be great gifts witha a book :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Vickie Z said...

I've seen quite of few of these too and need to try this!! {especially now that I know they aren't too bulky!!}. Yours is wonderful!!

Kristina said...

Is that a Jamie and Claire book? lol. I need to dive back into those one day. I read the first four or five almost in a row and really felt like I needed to take a break from their world for a bit. Well, that bit has turned into 6 months or so, lol.

What a great idea for a bookmark! I love the idea and just might have to steal your inspiration and make a few myself! What great little gifts these could make for my book club or even my mom!

Stacy Morgan said...

Pretty bookmark! Glad you had a good time with the family and the food was yummy. You guys have it early and always makes me hungry early. :0)

Dawn B. said...

I love these too.. Denise is the queen bookmarker maker..Haha say that fast 3 times. Love the tree you used..It has such a pretty look. These would make great presents..

Denise Marzec said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! They are easy and fun....and yep, I believe your daughter asked for some as soon as she saw this. I've had a few people ask me to make them some too. The kicker is they think they're so time consuming...and they're not! Hehe!

Kathy Jones said...

I REALLY need to make one of these!! Everyone is making the most gorgeous bookmarks and this is no exception!!! Beautiful Marisa!!!