Friday, April 5, 2013

Just Us Girls #183 - Sketch Challenge

JUGS183 photo JUGS183picA.jpg

First off, I want to give a warm welcome our newest Just Us Girls member, Nancy Leppek.   Welcome Nancy :)   

This week's sketch challenge is brought to us by Tangii and she has a wonderful sketch for us to work with.

With wishes of spring in the forefront of my mind, as well as my not so patiently waiting for tulips and daffodils to bloom in my garden, I decided to create spring on a card.

Out came some of my flower and butterfly dies and the sentiment is an ode to spring as it definitely does makes me smile year after year :)  I just love how colour begins to pop out of the ground and on the magnolia and cherry trees and in what seems an overnight venture, all of a sudden the trees have leaves on them again.  New life is everywhere and I just love it!! 

The rest of the  JUGS team has some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so just hop on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be selected as Chic of the Week.  
 
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
 


What's In It?
Stamps:  Dream Big and Fabulous You (Verve) 
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Night of Navy, Old Olive, So Saffron, Kraft (Stampin' Up), Recollections DP (Michael's) 
Ink:  Black, VersaMark 
Accessories: Flutterby and Dreamy Leaves Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Flower Die and Medium Scalloped Border Dies (PTI), Border Punch (Sttampin' Up), Tag Die (My Favorite Things), 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, Buttons, Black and White Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Twine, Dimensionals 

14 comments:

Benzi said...

So gorgeous and full of sunshine with all the yellow. What a beautiful, soft color on the ribbon. Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Perfection! Love the spring feel!!!
I'm envious of your leaves and blossoms! LOL! I have no snow but it's definitely far from looking like spring here! haha!

Enjoy your weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

FAB>U.LOUS! Great job with the sketch

Nancy said...

Marisa, Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I am no stranger to your work and was thrilled to be a fellow Designer with you! I am also a huge fan of Verve Stamps! Your card is lovely and the bow is to die for! That is one thing I need some improvement on...my bows!
Hope you have a great day! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Maureen said...

this is reminding me of a beautiful garden :) I can't wait to get our landscaping done this year! Maybe we'll attract a few butterflies!

Ravengirl said...

A pretty card! When the flowers come on, it always suprises me. It seems to happen over night.

Bonnie said...

Love these colors! Blue and yellow always make me smile!

Lisa Kind said...

Oooh, so pretty! I love the colors and the butterfly! Great use of the sketch!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous colors!! Love the blue, yellow, and green!! Yeah for flowers and butterflies...spring is here!!

Laurie said...

I love this Marisa! The corrugated butterfly is so cute! And of course, I love the bling! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty, wonderful colors together.

nwilliams6 said...

I never can decide if I like the way your cards look on SCS or on your blog but I am thinking the blog is my fav. This card is so pretty - that ribbon is yummo and adds so much. Wonderfully done. I am not much of a gardener but I love to look at flowers (think the Lord for flowering bushes or I would have none). Crystal told me last night that she can't wait to plant some flowers - I am so thrilled for her (they close this week on their new house). Hugz!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE what you did with the sketch!! This is a-mazing!!! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

I adore this one, Marisa! those colors and layers are perfection!