Friday, April 26, 2013

Just Us Girls #186 - Inspiration Challenge

JUGS photo JUGS186picA.jpg


Welcome to this week's Just Us Girls challenge.  This week, our newest DT member Nancy has provided this fabulous inspiration picture to work from.

I love pink and black together! Such a wonderful colour combination that makes a great statement.

I pulled out two Stampin' Up sets I have not used for a long time, Vintage Vogue and Bliss, and went to work.

I created a Damask Background and added the flowers and ribbon for the pops of colour.

The rest of the  JUGS team has some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so just hop on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be selected as Chic of the Week.  
 
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
 


What's In It? 
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve), Vintage Vogue and Bliss (Stampin' Up) 
Paper:  Black and White 
Ink:  Black, Marvelous Magenta, Positively Pink (Stampin' Up)  
Accessories:  Crimper (Fiskars), Circlel Punch, 1" Pink Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals 

19 comments:

Kristina said...

I think I may have swooned over that dimask background. So elegant! And the pink flowers. Gorgeous card!

Lee-Anne said...

One of my all-time favorite color combos, Marisa! This is so feminine and simply gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lynn said...

I love the stamps you used...absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch and the inspiration. Love hot pink and black!

Christina said...

Oh my elegance! What a pretty damask background--love how you split it into panels. Gorgeous pops of pink, too!

Queen Mary said...

Gorgeous Marisa!

Benzi said...

Marisa, this is just beautiful. I love that dp and the color combo is fabulous. It makes me want to go make a card in these colors right now. :-)

Maureen said...

now that's a whole lotta pink on a Saturday morning! Love it! Damask is always so classy :)

Ravengirl said...

Such beautiful flowers with the script onthem!

Nancy said...

Marisa, What you did with my challenge was amazing...you incorporated both photos wonderfully! Very impressed! Loved the script inside the flowers ...going to have to remember that trick! Enjoy your day!

scrappingnana said...

Your card is gorgeous Marissa. Love the flowers and the background.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Oh I ove the black and white with the splash of colors. Just wonderful.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love this combo. Beautiful bg.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, Marisa!!! This is stunning! Wonderful stamping and colours. Love this!
xx

nwilliams6 said...

Can you make me 56 of these? That's how many more wedding shower thank-you cards I have to make.... Love this one - great colors and sketch - so eye-catching and pretty. Really well done my friend. Hugz!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, this card is strikingly beautiful! Love this color combo :) ...hugs ~S~

TannyP said...

Ooooohlala! What a beauty! You always rock a challenge and this one's a keeper. Gorgeous pop of color with that ribbon and those flowers. Every time I see you do something with those flowers, I want that set. LOL

Bonnie said...

I love the way you've stamped the background and the pretty pink flowers and bow!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love, love, love this color combination! So striking and attention-grabbing! Fabulous flowers and lovely bow~

Audrey Hiltke said...

Wow, what a stunning color combo - but you really stepped it up a notch with your design and fab ribbon/bow treatment!
Blessings,
Audrey