Thursday, April 11, 2013

Quick and Easy Mother's Day Card

CAS MDay photo MDay2picA.jpg

Another quick and easy Mother's Day card for you today using this wonderful MFT sketch.

This Penny Black flower is one of my favorites and I haven't used it forever, so out it came.   Plus I am continuing my tribute to retiring Stampin' Up colours by using Mellow Moss and Regal Rose.   What is a flower girl to do when they keep retiring fabulous greens (Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery) and now two of my most used pinks (Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink)!!  I'm in deep, mourning and also very miffed!

Okay temper tantrum is over - at least for now LOL.  I'm giddy about tomorrow as I get to hook up with Sue Kohler from Australia tomorrow!!  Can't believe we live half way around the world from each other and get to actually meet face to face!  Eeeek!!   We served on a DT together a fwe years back and have kept in touch once our terms were done.  I'm taking her to Michael's as it is on her bucket list and will enable her with an extra coupon wink, wink.  Can't wait!

Tomorrow is also the start of April's Diva Dare so come back to see what the Diva's are daring you to do this month. 

Thanks for popping by today!



What's In It?
Stamps:  Penny Black (flower), Because of You (Verve)
Paper:  Garden Florals Recollections DP Pack (Michael's), Kraft, Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Black (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Dimensionals

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Regal Rose is retiring...oh my goodness...I didn't know that! Serious problem!

Love your card...so delicate!

Lauren said...

Very pretty!

Benzi said...

Quick, easy, and gorgeous. I love that flower..sketch, too.

How great you get to meet with your friend...have a blast!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You do pink pretty! :)

Maureen said...

you can't go wrong with a beautiful flower image on a Mother's Day card. Have fun with Sue! I have to laugh that she's all excited about Michaels, that's so cute! If we had Archivers like the States she'd faint!

Ravengirl said...

Love the beautiful single flower image. I can see how it's a favorite! You enabler, you! Have a great time!

Emily Keaton said...

This is fabulous, Marisa! I really like that pretty flower and how you inked it up. Have fun on your shopping trip!!!

Danni said...

It is frustrating to have them keep changing up the colors. Hopefully we can adapt and overcome!
Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Marisa! The stamp and colours are lovely.

Hope you and Sue have a fab time together!
xx

Vickie Z said...

Another great Mother's day card!, love the flower....perfect!! Thinking you could get "card stamping elbow" with all you're making!! Have fun with Sue....she'll love Michaels and the coupon!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I'm with you about the retiring colours....Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose are the same ones I'm not happy to see going. I think SU is making a mistake with that decision.
Your Mothers Day card is so pretty and a wonderful tribute to these retiring colours. I love this flower stamp.
Have a fabulous time tomorrow with Sue.

Mary Ann said...

Quick,simple and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty, Marisa, love that stamp!

Lee-Anne said...

Marisa, you've used one of my all-time favorite flowers on this spring-like card...love it! Enjoy your visit with Sue!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet flower, Marisa! I love the pink and yellow together!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Very clean and classy feeling. Love the white space.