Monday, April 8, 2013

Mojo Monday #288

 photo Mojo288picA.jpg

Good Monday morning everyone :)   Today's Mojo sketch is brought to us by Sarah and offers you a wonderful opportunity to stretch those creative juices - at least it did me ;)

I went bold in the background paper for this card (think subliminally I was showing this sketch who was boss LOL!) and pulled the rest of the colours from there. In addition, I was also able to use up a plethora of small white half pearls that have been multiplying exponentially in my box so life is good {grin}! 

The sentiment is from Lean On Me, a set in which I absolutely adore the mix of fonts!  They make a nice bold statement which catches your eye so it was a perfect fit for the background paper.

You can check out all the challenge details over on the Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples!  Should you wish more details on their cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.




The beginning of another busy week is at hand but softened by all the amazing cherry trees that are in full bloom!  Soon it will be snowing pink :)   A word to the wise, do not park your card under one of them because you'll have pink petals blowing out of your vents for weeks - dont' ask me how I know LOL!


BTW, the Verve Store is having a big sale right now - up to 30% off on 100 wonderful sets!!  A great way to stock up or get yourself some Mother's Day goodies from your family wink, wink!  





What's In It?
Stamps: 
Lean On Me (Verve),  Itty Bitty Backgrounds (Stampin' Up)

Paper: Mosaic Memories (Recollections at Michaels), So Saffron, Old Olive, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Black, VersaMark
AccessoriesScalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Button, Twine, White Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensioanls

21 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a great choice on that bg paper - so vibrant and so many colors to pull out in the other details (which you did beautifully). I love this sketch - so fun! The sentiment makes me feel better just looking at it! Great card Marisa. Hugz!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Marisa. I love the deep rich colors of the patterned paper you choose!

Christyne said...

This is awesome Marisa, I just love those pearls and those bright colors!! Beautiful card!!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful girl!!!!

Jealous you have pretty cherry trees in blossom. We woke up to snow :(

Benzi said...

Love that sketch, Marisa. Great job and such a pretty card you created...love all the pearls and bold sentiment.

The cherry trees are gorgeous here, too. Never thought about that car vent/cherry blossom problem. I'll take your warning seriously. LOL

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very pretty,Love the paper...

dj said...

so special is right....loving all those mini pearls!!

Maureen said...

a great way to use the strips of pearls and to add texture to those sweet banners :) Love the bold colours and print :)

Chris Dring said...

This is such a pretty card Marisa! TFS!

Lee-Anne said...

How pretty, with the wonderful rows of pearls, Marisa! Love wonderful paper and white bow...so eye catching! Hmmm, sounds like you'll be enjoying those cherry blossoms for a while...LOL!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Beautiful job on a very different sketch. Love all the color, and that you softened it with a bit of white, especially that bow.

Ravengirl said...

That bold paper is wonderful and softened nicely by the rows of pearls! I love the pink snows too! The best is when they are carried on a warm breeze!!

Bonnie said...

Some more pretty paper, Marisa! I wish my pearls multiplied like the paper does! I'd never run out! I'll have to check out that Verve sale. I love their stamps and don't have any ;(. I think I might need to do something about that!

Danni said...

You showed the sketch who was boss for sure!! hehe!! Love the boldness!! Fabulous card!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you definitely let this sketch know who's the boss, lol! I would have run away! Fantastic card Marisa - I love the bold colours.
xx

Kristina said...

Way to rock those fall colors. :). Love the little pearls on the flags. That sketch hurts my poor little brain just looking at it. Flags, circles, oh my! My friend Beth came to California with me yesterday, so I am not sure how much stamping time I will get in this week, so maybe I will just live vicariously through you. :)

Mary Fish said...

you rocked those little banners with the pearls!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the bold fall colors and the sweet lines of pearls!

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! LOVE those colors and the sketch is fabulous :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wowzers, what beautiful, bright color! Love what you've done with the sketch...it looks fabulous with those glorious pearls!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great idea to use a bold pattern for the BG...beautiful!! Love the rows of pearls!