Monday, April 1, 2013

Mojo Monday #287 - Contest Week

Mojo287 photo Mojo287picA.gif

Hard to believe it is April 1st!  The first quarter of the year has flown by and spring is on its way :)   It is also the first Monday of the month and that means it is contest week over on the Mojo Monday blog!  Julee has once again provided us with a wonderful sketch to work with.

I chose some paper with daffodils on it as I am anxiously waiting for mine to bloom in our garden.   The wishing theme continued through to the sentiment LOL.  I pulled out Wishing You, a great Verve set I haven't used for some time, and then created a flower using the Joyful Blooms dies.  I was in desperate need of some colour on this somewhat monochromatic card, so I added some pops of red.

You can check out all the challenge details over on the Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples!  Should you wish more details on their cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.



Today is our last day of  Spring Break!  The two weeks flew by and we had some great family time together (Wii Sports doubles tennis and fitness test took top place I think), got to visit relatives in Seattle as well as dear friends we don't get to see that often, put a big dint in my "to do" list, and enjoyed spending many hours with my kids.  Doesn't get much better than that :) 



What's In It?
Stamps: 
Wishing You, Dream Big and Small Phrases, (Verve), French Script (Stampin' Up)

Paper: Garden Florals (Recollections), Kraft, So Saffron, Real Red and Going Grey (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Black, Going Grey and So Saffron (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Joyful Blooms and Dreamy Leaves Die Sets, Flag It (A Cut Above by Verve), Lacy Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart) Button, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensioanls

26 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the touch of red against the more neutral colors. Fabulous Marisa!

nwilliams6 said...

These colors totally pop and the sentiment is so positive and so you! Darling card - one sure to brighten anyone's day (brightened mine just looking at it). Well done my friend. Hugz - lots of them!

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful card Marisa! You can't go wrong with the yellow/gray color combo and love that pop of red!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I adore the pop of red! Nice Spring time card

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful card from a beautiful sketch! The daffodils and tulips will be here soon enough! Sorry to hear you have arrived at the end of your spring break. I am off all week with my daughter for our spring break. I am hoping to chop away at my to do list as well. If this weekend is predictive, it should be a good week!

Andrea W said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and lovely layers.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful girl!!! Love this sketch! Your card is fabulous! Love the addition of the butterfly!

Sue said...

ooh la la, loving this colour combo!! a real stand out card! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

what a happy beauty, Marisa! love it!

Bonnie said...

That pop of red is perfect with the yellow and that pretty paper! Love that sentiment!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! The red just pops with those yellows!! In love!! Have a great week....maybe a chance to do a little more stAmping:))

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a beautiful card. Pretty combo and love the pops of red. So glad you had a great Spring Break with your kids. I hope you had a blessed Easter too.

Janelle Stollfus said...

So beautiful. I love those colors and that pop of red! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :) I see you had a great spring break catching up with family and friends, but I'm so jealous you got things off of your to-do list. I think that should be my goal next holiday. Have a great April Marisa!

Maureen said...

that looks like some fun spring paper! Spring has definitely arrived here too :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the fun pop of red you added! Beautiful card! So glad you had a wonderful spring break! Our daffodils are blooming but look rather sad after snow hit them about a week ago. Spring is taking its good ole time here in VA!

Andrea Ewen said...

So pretty, Marisa...love the color combo and the beautiful flowers! Hope you had a very nice Easter with your family! Hugs! :)

Cheryl said...

That red just POPS! It really is a lovely creation!

Unknown said...

Lovely, Marisa! The colors are wonderful and the pops of red makes it such a happy card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Marisa; I love the colour palette and of course the lovely sentiment.

I'm still waiting for my daffodils to bloom too and there's no sign of my tulips either!
xx

Lee-Anne said...

Such a happy card in these wonderful colors, Marisa! Hopefully you get lots more sun to chase away that rain! Hugs,

Jo said...

This is beautiful Marisa. So cheery

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is so full of happy, Marisa! Love it!

Kathy Jones said...

So bright and happy!! Wonderful job with the sketch and love that flower!!!

Benzi said...

Love your pretty paper and flower. The pops of red are just the perfect idea for this beautiful card. Thanks for your prayers. We're home now and things are o.k.

Karen M said...

Marisa, I love the bright fresh feeling that comes from your pretty card! The little leaves are so cute and the sentiment is just perfect! Kx

Cornelia said...

Nice card with beautiful colours!