Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Retro Sketch #59

RetroSketch photo RS59picA.jpg

This week's Retro Sketch was a fun one.  I decided to make a baby card with it and Verve's Shining Star and matching Starry Die set was the perfect fit.

I chose this adorable sentiment from the set and die cut and layered the stars.  The banner looked a little lonesome out there on it's own so I added some twine to give it some vertical grounding (there is an oxymoron LOL).

I really wanted to add a second sentiment in the bottom right corner, and it took a lot not to do so - these CAS cards kill me LOL!  Along that line, if I had been awake and thinking clearly, I would have embossed the white panel with PTI's Linen impression plate for a tiny bit of texture, but alas, that was not the case.  So, very CAS it is.

Thanks for poppy by today.  Hope you're having a great week.

 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Shining Star (Verve) 
Paper:  Night of Navy, So Saffron (Stampin' Up) 
Ink: Black 
Accessories: Starry Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Twine, Dimensionals

23 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I think this is 100% adorable!

Andrea Ewen said...

This is so super cute, Marisa...love how you interpreted the sketch with those darling little stars! It's CAS perfection~

Dawn Easton said...

It turned out wonderfully! LOL I played along with this sketch too and wanted to add more as well....tough isn't it? haha!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cool take on the sketch Marisa!

Unknown said...

Marisa!! I just LOVE this CAS card my friend! Gotta CASE this, just GOTTA!! xxx

Benzi said...

Ooh, I love this CAS card...so pretty with all that white space. The layered stars are so fun and that's a very sweet sentiment.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What an adorable use of the sketch!

LeAnne said...

Sooooooo sweet! Love your take on the sketch!

Maureen said...

love the bold colours for a baby card...it's darling

Mary Ann said...

Love your card<very pretty..,

Emily Keaton said...

Oh my goodness, Marisa! Your clean and simple creation for this sketch is completely adorable. I love how you have strung up those sweet stars :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

So cute! Love this.

Ravengirl said...

Love it! Thanks for the reminder about this sketch. I must have had it on the brain when I made the card I posted yesterday. I think my card looks like the sketch, only upside down.

Danni said...

How sweet!! Great interpretation of the sketch!

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely LOVE your star banner! What a creative and wonderful baby card!

Susan (rainy) said...

Love what you did with this sketch! So fun!!

nwilliams6 said...

Marisa - this is so fun and so positive! We all need this message. Makes me feel happy inside just looking at this. You are a star! Hugz!

Lee-Anne said...

Fabulous interpretation of the sketch, Marisa! Love this sweet baby card!

Anonymous said...

Clean, simple and contemporary new baby card Marisa. Love it!
xx

Nancy said...

Ooh, I love this CAS card...so pretty with all that white space. The layered stars are a great added touch! I am right there with you with CAS...but I am really starting to like it! Enjoy your weekend!

Michelle Woerner said...

I am so far behind on my Google Reader, I have 12 unread posts by you! This is freakin' adorable!! Pure CAS loveliness. Hugs to you and thank you for leaving a comment on my SB post, that means alot to me. I am have this irrational fear nobody will comment and they will fire me! lol!

Bonnie said...

What a delightful baby card! You do CAS so well!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a superstar!