Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cherry Blossoms in Winter


This week's sketch by Mercy was a wonderful opportunity to use this set I haven't inked up yet!  Just love all the options you have with this set and since my prior post talked about cherry tree blossoms in spring making me happy, I had to carry the theme over :D

This is a pretty straight forward card.  Each flower is popped up and has a little bling to the middle.  I debated about having or not having a bird in the tree and ended up not adding it in - maybe next time :D  The flower border is a Martha Stewart punch I got for my birthday and the center of each border flower also got blinged (think I just made that word up LOL!).  Not sure if it is overkill, but it looked too plain without it so the bling stayed.  I tried various embossing folders for the white background panel and finally settled on scoring it at half inch intervals with my Scor-Pal to add a bit of "oomph" and dimension to that layer.  I finished things off with some ribbon along the bottom.

Thanks for popping in today.  I hope you have a wonderful day :D





What's In It?
Stamps: Season Of Friendship
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss
Ink: Positively Pink, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel
Accessories:  Scor-Pal, Bling, Martha Steward Border Punch, 1/4" Spring Moss Gross Grain Ribbon, Dimensionals

12 comments:

TrishG said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors. The popped up flowers are soooo cute! Great looking card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - this is gorgeous!!! I love your tree!!! So springy!!! Hugs ~S~

Maureen said...

perfect amount of bling...I love that set too...love the way it works for all seasons :) Fabulous border punch too...lucky girl!! My sister has a gorgeous cherry tree outside her dining room window...it's so pretty, especially after the rain when the sun shines on it :)

Laural-Lee said...

Love the background texture and the fab colours. The bling looks terrific and definitely not overdone!

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute, great blossoms!

Beth said...

So pretty! I love this set!

Kristina said...

I love how you popped up the pink flowers. That is something I've never thought of doing with this set. And the blinged punch definitely works with this card! I love the little jewels... They add just the right finishing touch.

Pam Speidel said...

Such a pretty SPRINGTIME card! Just what I needed to see today as our high was only 10 degrees. Really like the punched border and extra bling. Thanks for joining us in Mercy's Sketch Challenge! Smiles, Pam :)

Vickie Z said...

Love this card Marissa!! Have that set but, always trying to figure out how to use it. This is perfect!!

Wishing for spring myself!!

Unknown said...

Marisa, this is so bright and pretty.
I LOVE your 'tree'!
Hugs Viv xxx

ChristineCreations said...

Your blossoming tree is gorgeous! I can't wait till spring! But you will see it much sooner than we :)

TannyP said...

Oh my goodness - this cherry blossom tree is stunning, Marisa! I absolutely adore this card - so fabulous!