Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!  Sorry it's been so long since I've posted.   Life gets busy when you host Christmas, and when company is sleeping in your crafting area it is not conducive to stamping LOL!

I must admit I actually miss not having the white Christmas we had last year.  However, I sure don't miss shoveling the four feet of snow off our driveway LOL!  Mind you, I did manage to lose two pounds with all the shoveling and my biceps hadn't looked that good in years!  So, to those of you who got hit by the snowfall on the East Coast, I empathized with you!!

Christmas was delightful.  I thoroughly enjoyed being without a schedule, having jammie days and simply enjoying family time.  We hung out, played on the Wii, made some puzzles and enjoyed eating all the wonderful food my husband prepared.  Yes, he is the head chef (and a gourmet chef at that) in our house and I am sues chef and clean up girl :D  On New Year's Eve my hubby made a FABULOUS five course meal that we shared with some very dear friends.  Butternut squash soup with roasted red peppers and fried garlic sausage to start, a caesar salad with home made sour dough croutons, grated parmesan cheese and shrimp on it, then  linguine with clams and shrimp in a delightful sauce, followed by some fabulous beef tenderloin with a raspberry sauce that was to DIE for along with some green beans almondine and a mushroom, three cheese risotto.  Dessert was chocolate cake with a raspberry/ pomegranate sorbet.  Oh, and I can't forget the fabulous wines too.  Needless to say, my mouth is watering as I type this and my taste buds are relieving that amazing, five star meal!!  The sad part of New Year's is these very dear friends told us they will be moving to Alberta sometime over the next few months as he got a dream job as a prof at the University of Alberta.  I almost cried when I hear the news, but am very thankful they are only one province over and with my hubby's brother in Edmonton and sister in Calgary, I'm sure we will visit them when we head out to visit family in Alberta. 

I always enjoy the start of a New Year as it provides a great opportunity to reflect back on the past year and look ahead to the new one.  It  never ceases to amaze me how much goes on in a year when I take the time to look back on it.  My kids are growing up waaaay too quickly (wish I could freeze frame them at times) and life just seems to sail by quicker than I'd like it to at times!  I remember being a kid and telling my mom I was bored, to which she replied, "When you are older, you will wish you were bored!"  How true her words were!!!  However, in the midst of all the business of the year, I have so many things I can be thankful for and wonderful memories I have treasured in my heart.

With a new year also comes an opportunity to set a few goals.  This year I 'm aiming to keep my stamping area much neater, I want to get the basement cleaned up and kept that way, and I want to get into a more scheduled exercise routine as gravity and aging definitely don't do good things to one's body LOL!  How about you?

Sorry I rambled on so long - think I missed you guys :D  I'll be back shortly with the first Verve Sketch of 2010.

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hppy New Year - Marisa!!! I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful Christmas season!!!

It's been an extremely busy ending of the year for us ......but I did enjoy my jammie time too - LOL!!!

Can't wait to send my kids back to school on Thursday...he,he,he!!!

Have fun stampin'!!! Hugs ~S~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy New Year Marissa!! I am glad you had a great Christmas!! I just love the time to spend with family and friends!

Can't wait to see your creation!

Maureen said...

happy New Year!! Your dinner sounded amazing :) My dh likes to cook too which is great when I'm working full time or don't feel like it (like this week :) My goal each year is "to thine ownself be true." I have it on my fridge and look at it every so often but especially at New Years. Can't wait to see your next card :)

Stacy Morgan said...

I love that as you said *rambled on* and yes I would be sad too if my friends were leaving. But it sounds like you have had some good times and will still get to see them occasionally.
Your Christmas sounds perfect and just what you needed. Mine was very similar although I am glad to be back into a routine and kids at school. They were bored as you can imagine and yes I did say that as a kid also. Now I just wish I had some of that time back as well. lol Funny how that works. They do grow up faster than I imagined and to think everyone warned me also. Goes to show you older people DO know what they are talking about at times. We had to deal with the Santa real or not real this year in a way. That is another story I might have to email later. lol But they know the true meaning of Christmas and that alone just makes me assured that I am doing a good job. hee hee One thing I did want to try this year (not a resolution because I never keep them) its a goal is to get back into the challenges this year and use my older sets that need dusting off. Now look who is rambling... lol