Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Verve Sketches Go Inspirational

I haven't stamped for about two weeks and it feels wonderful to do so again!  The kids are back in school and hubby is back at work, and this introvert is thoroughly enjoying the quiet house and some much needed alone time :D  Can you hear the "aaaaah" all the way from where you are LOL!

Amber has come up with a fabulous new twist for the 2010Verve sketches.  This year she will be using inspiration pictures as the twist.  Every month she will focus on a different room in a house and you can play to your hearts content without worrying about a twist -- at least that is wonderful for me because more than once last year I had to make a second card because I forgot to add the twist to the sketch LOL!   I have only done one inspiration challenge to date, so this will stretch me and get the old juices going!  In addition, each month's winner will will not only win the entire Verve release, but they will also get to be the Guest Sketch Diva for the next month.  That means they get to provide a sample of Amber's sketch for all of us to enjoy when she first posts it.  What a fabulous opportunity and change of pace for all of us :D


I chose this inspiration sketch to work from.  I love black, red and white cards and a little gray thrown in never hurts anyone :D  That being said, the picture I chose was an easy default for me!  Plus, since I love flowers, what more can I ask for LOL! !I kept with the flower theme in the picture by using Verve's Floral Whimsy.  Some black half pearls gave the image a bit of dimension and I used Verve's Circular Sayings for the sentiment and added three red Tiny Twinkles to balance things off.  I used my much loved Martha Stewart heart border punch for the red panel and finished things off with some sheer black ribbon.  


Thanks for stopping by today :D  I'm off to work on Mercy's Tuesday sketch next and then the Mojo Monday sketch.  Have a great day!




What's In It?
Stamps: Verve - Floral Fantasy, Circular Sentiments
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Grey 
Ink: Black, Garden Green, Real Red 
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch, Black Half Pearls, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Taylor Tiny Twinkles, Sheer Black 5/8" Ribbon, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Maureen said...

this is so gorgeous!! Love the colours and that ribbon is delicious! I need to get out my heart border punch too before it's onto St. Patricks Day cards!! LOL Enjoy the peace and quiet!!

Beth said...

Love this card! Great colours, image and wonderful sketch! I might have to play along if time permits :) TFS

Danni said...

Such a striking card!! Fabulous job!

Rachael said...

This turned out GORGEOUS!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Marisa! This is really lovely. Perfect representation of the insp pic and the sketch. LOVE love love that heart border punch. AND great use of that stamp set, I have long forgotten about that one and it's just tooooo fun! Hugs,

Stacy Morgan said...

Great take on the IC piece, the colors are awesome. The heart border is perfect.

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Marisa!!! FAB inspired card! AWESOME layout and LOVE the stamps you used!!! LOVE the twinkles on the sentiment!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Marisa - this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT - WOWZER!!! Love your take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is beautiful..I LOVE these colors together..They are beautiful. Your layout works really well with this stamp..I need my alone time back too..My house is full right now. It messes with my mo and jo..:}..I missed your creations.

Kathy Jones said...

FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE the colours, punched edge and image!!! So rich and elegant!!! It is so good to see you back and creating!!! :)

TannyP said...

Oh I love that ribbon - you've got a perfect bow! Beautiful, inspired piece of art, Marisa, but where's the swiss dots?! =)

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous and the more I see that heart border punch the more I think I need it. I have this VERVE set, too! You made it look so new and fresh! Lovely inspired card!