Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tulips for Karen


I managed to squeeze in Karen's Sunday sketch today even though it's a busy day.  I figured there was no better way to celebrate one's birthday than to stamp LOL!  I can't wait to get my birthday pressies tonite at dinner time as I know I have a bunch of stamping things (pre-purchased by none other than yours truly :D) and I'll be itching to use them as soon as I can!

This sketch had me a bit ruffled when I first saw it because of all the different panels.  What can I say, I'm a straight forward kind of stamper and when you toss in all these panels I get a bit overwhelmed.  However, I persevered and managed to come up with a card for the sketch.

With the mild weather we've been having lately (10C plus during the day - that's about 45F) it does NOT bode well for the Olympic events on the mountains as the snow is melting!  However, we still have a few weeks and anything can happen.  In the meantime, the snow making machines are running overtime at night to try to keep the snow base.  However, the warmer temperatures do make it feel like the beginning of Spring so I dug out this whimsical tulip stamp.  I just love tulips!!  The year I lived in The Netherlands I don't think I went a week without having a bouquet of them in the apartment!  Now I have wait patiently (not!) for the ones in my garden to grow and bloom.

I based my card around this DP from my Costco pack.  Loving the celery, pink and blue together and will definitely use this colour combo again!  I popped up the flower heads for some dimension and even though you can't see it too well, there is some sparkle on the tulips.  The card needed some pop, so I added a sentiment, the black button to balance it off and I was good to go :D  Not my favorite creation, but it will have to do for today.

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you have a great day!


What's In It?
Stamps:  Garden Whimsy
Paper: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, Costco DP Pack 
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Bliss Blue, Pretty in Pink
Accessories:  SU Scalloped Border Punch, 5/8" White Gross Grain Ribbon, Button, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

16 comments:

TrishG said...

Very cute. Love the soft colors. Love the balance of the scallops and the ribbon. Great ribbon embellishment.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Marisa! Love the tulips!!!

Jen Timko said...

The tulips are so pretty. Love how you popped them up!

Dawn B. said...

Happy birthday my dear friend.. I didn't know today was the day..I hope it is filled with love and lots of stamping STUFF...hehe. Tulips are my absolute favorite.. I too have them in my house all spring. Back home I had 90 bulbs planted in peach and pink. It was so pretty. Your card is perfect for the sketch. Hugs...have a great day.

Danni said...

Happy Birthday!! This is just such a soft, delicate, beautiful card!!

Maureen said...

happy, happy birthday!! Can't wait to see all of your presents!! LOL Or have we seen some of them already like your "early" Christmas presents? LOL I love tulips...once they are here, I know Spring is right around the corner...we are still having sunny, warm days and I'm loving it!! Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Vickie Z said...

Missed your b-day!! Hope you had a good one and lots of new stamping stuff!!! Love the tulips...bright and cheery!! Rainy today here so, it was perfect.

dj said...

sweet!! Makes me wish Spring was in the air!!! we are in the middle of a very cold sleet/snow storm!!

Denise Marzec said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I love these tulips...this was my favorite SU set for a long time. Beautiful card, girl!

stampinganja said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is going well, and I love these tulips, makes me think of Holland too. Take care, hope you get lots of stamping presents, Anja

ChristineCreations said...

Well I LOVE your different colored tulips Marisa! And a beautiful Happy Birthday to you! Blessings on a wonderful joy filled year ahead.

Amy Sheffer said...

Happy Birthday, Marisa!!! Hope you have a spectacular day! Gorgeous card today!

Stacy Morgan said...

Springy and sweet. Like the popped up flower...
Happy Birthday... Hope you enjoy dinner tonight. Hugs...

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy BELATED Birthday - Marisa!!! Hope you had a fabulous day and loved all your presents :)!!!

Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! So springy...love the soft colors you used!!! Awesome take on the Sketch!!!

Big belated b-hugs ~S~

TannyP said...

An absolutely perfect spring card, Marisa! Wonderful color choices and a lovely job of this sketch. I, too, would be overwhelmed by the panels =)

Susan (rainy) said...

Happy belated birthday, Marisa. I agree!! No better way to spend your birthday than stamping! And I love the tulip creation that you made.