Friday, January 29, 2010

Pink Elephant for Baby

I love this sketch by Karen and have been wanting to use it all week.  Today I carved out a bit of time and had some fun :D  I was heavily influence by Kristina's lovely card using this sketch.  The striped DP she used reminded me of some striped DP I had, and I loved the way she did the end of her sentiment panel.  The apron lace border punch was a gift for my birthday and I was going to use it on this card no matter what, but yes, it is the same as hers too.  Consider yourself cased, Kristina :D

Since I recently made a Wild About You baby boy card, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a baby girl card on hand too.  Wild About You is my favorite baby set and this time I used the elephant as the green was a bit strong and I needed some more pink to tone it down.  I popped up her ear and coloured in her eye with a black fine tipped sharpie so it would stand out.  Some Swiss Dots, a pink ribbon and a button with a bow finished things off.  I was toying with putting a bow on her trunk or at the top of her ear but felt I needed the wide ribbon on the that panel or the card would feel a bit empty.  Guess I'll have to save those ideas for another time.

Thanks for  joining me today.  Back next with Amber's new inspiration room for the February Verve Sketch Challenges.  Can't wait to see which room Amber takes us to next :D






What's In It?
Stamps:  Wild About You (SU), Short and Sweet (SU) 
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Making Memories Simply Fabulous DP 
Ink:  Positively Pink 
Accessories: Apron Lace Punch, Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 5/8" Pink Grossgrain Ribbon, Pink Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Maureen said...

that elephant is soooo cute!! Love how you popped the ear up :) I'm looking forward to Amber's pics and sketches too...wonder where in the house we'll go next? TGIF...have a great weekend :D

Dawn B. said...

I love the end of the sentiment panel too. This is still one of my fav. sets from SU. One I will have forever. You did a great job on your layout. Hope you got all your projects done. We checked in our Derby car last night and the Science project is done too. Now we just need to settle in for the 12 in of snow we are getting tonight..YIKES.

Stacy Morgan said...

Just darling... What a cute little elephant, great tag for the sentiment and such perfect colors. I need to learn how everyone does buttons, I am trying but still can't get them to look right. Oh well... haha

Alex said...

this is ADORABLE Marisa, love the colors and that stamp set is one of my faves!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jodi Collins said...

This is totally adorable Marisa! LOVE this!

TrishG said...

Gorgeous. You know just how to place embellishments and how to use color! I love the colors on here. I love the popped up ear. This looks really great.

Kristina said...

This is too adorable and a beautiful case! Congrats on owning an apron lace punch. I'm still addicted to mine and use it one about every other card, hehe. The little googlie eye on the elephant is so perfect.

I'm off to a nice, relaxing morning. I think I am going to run over to Michael's in a little bit, and then my roommate and I are off to see an opera! Should be interesting! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Kristina said...

Oh (hehe). I just realized it isn't a googlie eye... It's a black dot, but it is a great effect!

Kathy Jones said...

This is totally ADORABLE Marisa!!!! Beautiful colours, love the texture and punched edge and of course that adorable Elie!! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Wonderful take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

TannyP said...

How is it that when done by you, swiss dots is perfect for an elegant, rich card or a sweet baby card or anything in between?! =) Adorable work - your button and ribbons are just right!