Monday, January 11, 2010

Hearts for Karen



I was so happy to be able to play in Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this week.  I just love her sketches and hope to be able to do more of them this year.  Off to a good start if nothing else :D. 

This sketch basically made my card for me LOL!  Being that Valentine's Day is coming up and I need a few more Valentine's Day cards, I went with the sample sketch.  Out came my heart Nesties, which I got for Christmas and just LOVE, and I went to work.  I decided to go with red and white as I love the crisp feel of that colour combo.  Since Tanny was bugging me about not using Swiss Dots on a card I recently posted, out came the Swiss Dots EF for the white panel of the middle heart to give it a bit of texture and dimension.  I kept the other two white heart panels plain and added some bling to one and a bow to the other so each heart would have something.  I played with the configuration of the hearts and decided I liked the "tussled" look better than a nicely lined up look.  My Threading Water punch was perfect for the border and some of my SU red and white gingham ribbon tied the two colours in wonderfully.  I wasn't sure about mixing bling with gingham, it felt like mixing country with Hollywood LOL, but it seemed to work on this card.  A sentiment in the lower right hand corner just didn't sit right with me no matter which one I tried (felt too squished) so I opted to use three half pearls instead, and they tied in wonderfully with the rhinestones on the far heart. 

That's it for today.  Hope you have a great Monday and week ahead.  Next up, this week's Mojo sketch and the Verve Release Challenge cards.




What's In It?
Stamps:  None
Paper:  Real Red and White
Ink:  None
Accessories:  Nestie Scalloped Hearts and Hearts, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Threading Water Punch, SU Red and Whtie Gingham Ribbon, 1/4" Red Satin Ribbon, Bling, Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Marisa - this is beautiful. I just love it and will have to CASE this one. I do enjoy Karen's sketches as well - it does make it easier when I have something to follow.

Enjoy the afternoon.

Janet

Karen Giron said...

Oh!! Those Nesties are perfect for this sketch and I am loving all the texture you created! Very pretty card!

TrishG said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love the colors. Great job with the sketch!

Dawn B. said...

Marisa what a great sketch to use your nesties..Love the dimension this card has.. I looked at the Mojo sketch and was stumped. Will be back to see what you come up with..hugs.

ChristineCreations said...

What pretty dainty hearts Marisa! So crisp and clean too!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - this is a BEAUTY!!! Love how you used the nesties and the center embossing really makes it stand out!!! You rocked the Sketch - GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

Wonderful valentine, I need the scallop hearts I have the regular. Great clean and crisp feeling! You are off to a great start with the challenges this year. hee hee

Maureen said...

I love how each heart has something different about it :) very fun...and yes, bling, like diamonds...go with country, like jeans!! LOL Fashion according to Moe!! :D Thanks for the link info...when things slow down I'll try it out...work wasn't too bad...after I told the class why I was away they all told me about their pets and great grandparents that have died (to comfort me :) EEk!! Verve release week!! I'm just throwing them together at night...thinking about them in the day :)

Danni said...

Fabulous! Love the red and white and the texture! Fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

You do such beautiful work and this is no exception! I love visiting your blog!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous Marisa!!! Love the red/white colour scheme and love how each heart has its own feature of embellishment. Of course I love the punched border and pearls too!!! :)

stampinganja said...

Beautiful card! Love the mix of bling and pearls with the ribbon!
Take care, Anja

Unknown said...

What a berautiful, clean and elegant card Marisa. I've just had a peek at all the other beautiful cards you've created while I've been AWOL. They are all stunning. Thanks for visiting me again and your lovely comments.
Hugs Viv xx

TannyP said...

You know, the swiss dots really add something to this wonderful card ;-)
All of your hearts are PERFECT in their own way, but I especially love that dotty bit of fabulicious. The gingham ribbon is a great choice - such a wonderful *heart* card!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! The red and white give it such a clean feel, and I love the one embossed heart! Great job with sweet sunday sketch 51!


♥Lea

Laural-Lee said...

Oooh more hearts!! Love your take on this wonderful sketch. I love how each heart has a different embellishment.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Hi Marisa, I just found out that you have a blog so I'm spending some time browsing through. I absolutely love this card. You have don a wonderful job with the sketch. I love hearts and this card captured my attention immediately. I'll be back often.
(Darbaby)