Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Valentine's Treat Box



One of the Verve Release Challenges is to make a treat box of some sort.  I followed the link on this challenge's thread and found a wonderful little heart shaped treat holder template.  You can find it here if you are interested.

It caught my eye since I just love hearts and with Valentine's Day but a month away, it would be a perfect "trial run" for something I could make all my after school daycare kids as a little Valentine's Day gift.

I printed the template on to white card stock, cut it out, and used my Scalloped Heart Nesties to cut out the red base and the heart Nesties to do the DP.  I added the sentiment and a red bow on the front and finished things off with a ribbon handle.  The treats for this template actually don't show up as there is a little flap that covers them about 3/4 of the way up the heart.  Guess you could alter the template by making the sides go up further and not adding the "lid",  but since I am not much of a 3-D item maker, I kept to the template :D  Simple things for simple minds I say LOL!

Just one more Verve challenge to go and I'm all done :D  That is, except for keeping my fingers and toes crossed to be one of the lucky winners at the release party.  If you aren't busy this Friday night, come on over and join the fun on this thread.  The Divas always have amazing samples using the stamps from the new release and there are lots of wonderful people to chat with, as well as new friends to meet :D

That's it for now.  Back soon with another challenge.





What's In It?
Stamps:  A Happy Heart
Paper:  Real Red, Doodlebug Design DP
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Scalloped Heart and Heart Nesties, 5/8" Red Satin Ribbon, 1/8" Hole Punch, Glue Dot

11 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Fantastic Valentine's Treat box Marisa!!! Love the fact it's heart shaped and that fab ribbon!

Laural-Lee said...

Very cute heart! Beautiful bow.

Joseline said...

I love this treat box!!!

BTW, I sent you an email regarding "you might also like".

Dawn B. said...

This is awesome. I do think I will try this out. I have never seen one like that. I want to send something fun to my girls for the 'big' heart day.. They all wish they had a boyfriend..I told them in due time.. This is adorable girl...Thanks for sharing the link

Maureen said...

I want mine filled with jelly beans and hersey kisses/hugs!! This is so cute!! Glad you're getting use out of the heart dies...they are fun around this time ;) We are getting a lot of rain here today...you too? Ah, I think I used up my winning luck last release!! I may have to wait a few more months!! LOL

Kristina said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only "simple mind" out there, hehe. Your treat box looks amazing! You definitely did a bang-up job following the template! It's so cheery and perfect for Valentine's Day! I'm off to finish my last two challenges!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh what a cute valentine treat box... Very creative!

Shirley said...

wellll.......looky who has a bloggy blog!!! I am marking it in my bookmarked blogs so I can check in everyday and see what you're up to!!

Beautiful stuff!!

squirrellyshirley

TannyP said...

Oh adorable! I don't love V-day, but this treat box makes me reconsider =)

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute valentine box!!! Thank you for the link!!! Hugs ~S~

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is adorable - good for you doing all the Verve challenges.