Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Crocuses in January


Tuesdays are always fun because they bring Mercy's weekly sketch. What a great way to get back into the stamping groove :D  I had a few things in mind for this but when I went to get the mail, lone behold there were the wonderful Flourishes Calendar Flower sets that I won on Christine's blog - score.  Since I am a January baby and Crocuses are January's flower (plus I LOVE them), I decided to give this set a whirl.  I toyed with inking it in black and colouring, but since I don't have Copics or markers I thought I'd try to just ink the colour on the stamp.  Out came the SU Spots and thankfully, the ink is in all the right places LOL!  I paired the Lavender Lace with Glorious green and Night of Navy.  Had to get the Swiss Dots in there somewhere and though my birthday is still two weeks away, out came the Apron Lace punch for the border.  What can I say, old B & E habits die hard....bowing my head in shame!  After taking the picture I almost think the crocuses need to be coloured in so the navy doesn't overpower them so much. Gotta love hind sight!

I am re-reading the Twilight series since I went to see New Moon over the Christmas break.  I must say Jacob's abs, pecs and guns got to me big time in that movie - excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard LOL!  Thankfully, I've read three of the books already and only have one to go because my sleeping hours are once again suffering.  I'll have to put a hold on the other new books I got for Christmas until I get caught up on my sleep :D

Thanks for dropping in today.  Have a fabulous day :D





What's In It?
Stamps:  Flourishes A Year in Flowers Calendar Set 1
Paper:  Lavender Lace, Night of Navy
Ink: Lavender Lace, Glorious Green
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Fiskars Apron Lace Punch, Silver Brads, 5/8" White Gross Grain Ribbon, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, I love crocuses too :) They scream Spring to me :) I also love the miniature daffodils. The apron punch looks great!! Isn't nice to get a birthday present that you use all the time? LOL Even before your birthday? Jake gave me my cuttlebug for Christmas 2 years ago and I let him know that I use if almost everyday :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautifully soft and awesome job on the sketch!

Corie said...

WOW -- this is gorgeous!!

Pam Speidel said...

This is so beautiful Marisa! Thank you for playing along with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and I appreciate the sweet comment you left on my blog that led me to yours! Gotta love it when that happens!:) We have more than enough SNOW here in Nebraska and I wish I could share it with you! Happy New Year! Pam :)

Kristina said...

Hooray for crocuses! Those were always one of my favorite flowers growing up because they hinted that spring was on the horizon. I loved watching their little tips poke up through the snow somewhere in late March or April. They would be the first sign of life after a long, hard, very snowy winter.

Oh, and you can never have too many polka dots. :)
Wasn't New Moon good? I thought it was much better that Twilight (the movie). I'm sure the slightly bigger budget helped, hehe. And Jacob... yeah, Jacob... I totally did the same thing as you after watching the movie! I busted out my books and read through them again for fun.

Holly aka Toy said...

oh my! I am so glad I got a chance to stop by here tonight! What a gorgeous card, my friend! I really need to check my bloggin' friends more often! :)

Hugs!

Kathy Jones said...

Firstly - gorgeous card Marisa, love the clean lines and use of white space - it's really striking!!

Second - congrats on winning one of the new Flourishes sets - I am soooooo jealous!! :)

Third - I totally get where you are coming from about Jacob..... :D

TannyP said...

Holy moly - gorgeous! Your stamping is perfect and the colors are so wonderfully winter/spring =)

ChristineCreations said...

Oh so lovely Marisa! I'm so glad they arrived and you inked them up already. I knew they would look gorgeous color stamped like this too.

Denise Marzec said...

I love your cards! Always so pretty!

Betty Wright said...

Love these colors and your design, Marisa! Congrats on winning the set! I so know what you mean about the Twilight reads. I need to reread eclipse. Yeah, the abs sort of suck me right on in, too. I am still about team Edward, though....lol!

Unknown said...

marisa...this is so elegant and pretty! love that sketchy image, the color combo, the embossing, and the clean and crisp lines!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful "Spring" card. The black and white are so elegant. Those crocuses are so pretty.