Monday, January 18, 2010

Roaring Mojo



I spent a good part of yesterday putting together a light box.  It has been on my "To Do" List forever and I finally got it done.  I'm just testing it out today so bear with me as I learn how to use the thing!  It seems SO strange not to have our back yard and our neighbours' back yards in the background LOL!  The picture seems a bit dark to me too, so I think I need some stronger light bulbs as Photoshop didn't fix the issue either.  This will definitely be a trial and error exercise for a few days and if anyone has any tips, I'm all ears :D 

Today's guest Mojo Monday sketch designer is Mary Fish.  She has an amazing blog and I just love her work. Check out her blog if you have a moment, you won't be disappointed. 

When I first say this sketch, I was going to use a sentiment in the oval, but decided to go with an image instead.  I dug through my stamps and found my Wild About You set.  I just LOVE this set.  Each animal  has a personality of its own and they are just too darn cute!!  I settled on the lion because I need to make a Valentine's Day card for my little guy.  He is my happy kid, always smiling and he definitely enjoys life to the fullest.

I stamped the lion image twice and used the second image to cut out his head so I could pop it up.  I embossed the Saffron panel with my Hearts embossing folder and clear embossed the paw prints on the rust panel.  This is actually a dog print stamp, but I think it works just fine :D  I matted things with Chocolate Chip and then added the little bird on the lion as he was just to plain looking up there all by himself.  FInished things off with a bit of brown satin ribbon and I now have a card for my "little lion" LOL!

Thanks for popping in today and I hope you have a great week!





What's In It?
Stamps:  Wild About You (SU), Santa Rosa 
Paper:  So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Really Rust
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, More Mustard
Accessories:  Scalloped Oval and Oval Nesties, Heart Embossing Folder, Clear Embossing Powder, Word Window Punch, 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

9 comments:

TrishG said...

This is fantastic! Very cute. Love it. Great details and colors.

I love coming to your blog. You consistently WOW me!

Kathy Jones said...

This is wonderful Marisa!!! Such a fun image and great colours and great job of the sketch!!!! WTG you for doing a light box!!!! I have two pieces of foam board!! ;) For tips about photoshop, Amy Sheffer did an awesome Tutorial in the MFT forum at SCS, I'll see if I can find the link and send it to you!!!

Dawn B. said...

Oh this is so sweet.. I love the terrific image you used.. It is whimsie...LOVE whimsical. I always get one of those natural light bulbs and put it in my lamp for light.. It really changes it...Your photo looks terrific.. Great job.

Mary Brown said...

OMG...this is just absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

so cute, love it!

Maureen said...

this is adorable! love the 3D effect of the head :) Yay! you made your box!! I use 4 lamps, each with 100W bulbs. I also have natural muslin for my backdrop (Michaels in the fabric section, comes in a pack) so it contrasts against most card bases (white, cream, kraft). I had to get used to using my box...I missed my outdoor shots at first, but I love the convenience :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card - Marisa!!! I love this Set too....and you made it look extra super adorable with this Sketch!!! Your son is gonna love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable card for your DS! And the pic looks great to me as it is. I need some pointers on taking good photos as well...I would also like to see Amy's tutorial link when you get it.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love the embossed paw prints! So totally cute with this lion!