Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Raffies for Baby



This week's sketch by Mercy was another wonderful one to work with. Her sketches are so flexible and you can adapt them in so many ways (large panel, smaller one, flip it etc.)  that I just love them!!   

For this week's sketch I found a scrap of this wonderful DP.  It screamed "baby" to me and with Wild About You still on my desk (my New Year's resolution isn't going so well LOL!), it was a match made in heaven.

I wanted to use the elephant but felt the raffie worked better due to the spots on it matching the spots on the DP.  Of course, any time there are circles or dots, I have to add some Swiss Dots to tie in  -- sorry!  I think I need to freeze this embossing folder in a block of ice just like they suggest to people who have an issue using their credit card too much!  The rest of the card came together wonderfully (yeah a card that took  me under an hour to make!) and I finished it off with a bow on the giraffe's neck and some blue bling to fill in the empty space in the corner of the image panel.

Thanks for spending a bit of your day with me today and I hope you have a great one :D




What's In It?
Stamps:  Wild About You (SU)
Paper: So Saffron, Cool Caribbean, Unknown DP
Ink:  Bliss Blue
Accessories: Threading Water Punch, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 1/8" Hole Punch, 1/4" yellow ribbon, Blue Bling, Dimensionals

13 comments:

TrishG said...

Awesome! Love the colors. So very cute. Great wild about you card!

Maureen said...

what a happy, cheerful card! Love the bit of ribbon and dewdrops...great texture :) I am not sick of swiss dots!! They are a classic! Did you order anything from Verve?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet birthday card!! I love the colors, texture and that image!! Great take on Mercy's sketch!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is adorable... What a darling baby card and I love the colors. Super cute.

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - this is adorable - Marisa!!! This is one of my fav children sets from SU and I really like how you used it with this Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Totally my style!! It is adorable!!

Lesley said...

Love the colours and the fun sketch! Cute little card, so perfect!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Laural-Lee said...

Wonderful job on the sketch Marisa. Love the colours and the ribbon scarf is a great touch.

Kathy Jones said...

Marisa this is DARLING!!!! What a bright, happy baby card!!!! It is just so adorable, love the embossing, paper, punched edge and blue bling and that giraffe is soooooo cute!!! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet Marisa!! Love the colors!!!

Dawn B. said...

Awww how sweet is this..I just love that SU set.. It is one of my favs..Great job..Hope your weekend is relaxing..hugs.

Kristina said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the little piece of ribbon you "tied" around the giraffe's neck. I should have grabbed this set while it was out... It makes the cutest baby cards!

And, hey, how can using things that are already out be a bad thing? You're just working with what you have, lol.

TannyP said...

Ohhhh....too cute baby card! That ribbon is really a sweet addition to your adorable giraffe!