Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lacey Hearts and Bling




It is so strange not having a sketch to post with my card LOL!  I am very sketch challenged and therefore thrive on the abundance of sketches that various teams, blogs, companies put out.  I have tons saved on  my computer as well as lot of them printed off in a binder for reference.  However, this card actually came together all on its own.  I had punched out the heart medallion a while back to see what it looked like and found it sitting on my desk yesterday so I used it as my starting point.  This is going to be my daughter's Valentine's Day card as she is "all girl" unlike her athletic, competitive mother LOL!   I fiddled with what to put in the heart for the longest time -- like about 30 minutes worth - ugh!   In a fit of frustration, I finally walked away from it and came back a while later with a better attitude and was able to settle on the flower.

Days like today usually occur when I'm low on sleep and the old brain isn't firing the way it should.  My son got up around 3:00 a.m. and came running into our room scared by the sounds the overnight wind storm was making.  We had up to 70 mph wind gusts hitting the mainland that night.  Trees were falling all over the place, power outages galore and you could feel the house shake in the gusts every once in a while.  Don't blame the little guy for being scared!  However, sleeping in his bed with him is not always a sleep conducive experience!  He is a cuddly little guy which makes it rather hard to sleep when you have someone plastered against you in a twin bed along with the five teddy bears he sleeps with!  Add in his flips and flops and the cat who was beyond delighted to have someone up at night and a bed party to join in on (he got the end of the bed LOL!) and you can begin to appreciate why I was up for about an hour and a half.  Nothing like hearing your hubby snoring away in your bed while you are trying to share a bed with a boy, a cat, five teddy bears and just about everyone else in the house LOL!  Never a dull moment :D  That being said, I didn't get to crawl back into my bed until about 4:30 a.m. and since my body does not do well on low amounts of sleep or interrupted sleep, I'm paying for it today.  In all reality, I actually treasure these moments because I know one day I won't be able to ease his fears by simply crawling into his bed with him.  They truly do grow up waaaay too quickly!! 

Thanks for popping in.  I'll be back next with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch.  Have a great day :D





What's In It?
Paper: Rose Romance, Pretty In Pink
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch, Marvy Heart Punch, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Rhinestones, Mini Flower Punch from Michael's, 5/8" Sheer Silver Ribbon, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Beautifully put together Marisa. I too have my binder of sketches to references. I love the flower in the heart! I love what you did with the MS heart punch.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I have sketch papers all over the place - thank goodness!!

You did a fantastic job pulling this together - I think it is soooo pretty!

Maureen said...

Love the frame you've made with the hearts punch!! And that ribbon is perfect!! So sweet and lacy...she'll love it!! Great to see you "freestyling it!!" I'm sooooo tired today...ugh!! Can't wait for the weekend :) We're thinking about going to Kelowna for the day and they have a great Scrapbooking store downtown :)

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so pretty! I like the fresh colors of the pink and white and the heart border is awesome.
I am with you on the kids and bed. The twins have a ton of stuffed animals too and well not conducive to good sleep either. But one day you are right it won't be this easy. SO I do the same thing enjoy the easy fixes now and just being there to help. Hope you get some rest tonight! Hugs.

Dawn B. said...

This is such a pretty card. I have that punch and never thought to make it into a medallion like that.. It looks awesome. Your son is EXACTLY like mine.. I sometimes wish that he would keep his cuddle bug ways..I know what comes next...Hope you got a nap..hugs.

TrishG said...

This is a lovely frilly girl card. Beautiful. Love the flower on the heart and the fun corners. Great job! I feel a bit strange and "missing something". This one worked out great!
My son has not been sleeping well and so I know the feeling of what you went through. We're trying to transition him from playpen (which he gets out of) to staying on a bed. He doesn't know what time it is!!!