Sunday, January 10, 2010

Daisy Inspriation Card




Amber came up with some more wonderful foyer pictures this week as well as a great sketch.  I am still getting used to inspiration challenges, but after having done two, I must say they are growing on me :D  The sky is the limit on these and it is so much fun to see what everyone chooses to use for their inspiration piece.  Even more fun is seeing the same inspiration piece providing so many different cards that express everyone's personality and style.  That's what I just love about stamping.  Plus there is always room for learning more - just ask my one creative gene LOL!


I opted to go with the first foyer picture as there was a lot of white, and I love white space.  When deciding on what to use as inspiration, my eye kept going back to the wonderful daisy handbag in the bottom left corner. I think if you click on it you can get a larger picture so you can really see what a wonderful bag it is.  The colour combination on the bag was fun too, and since I love flowers, it was a slam dunk as my inspiration piece.  I used black for my main panel and then matted the white and magenta colours on top of it.  Next was the main image panel, and I was reeeeally wishing I had a big old Prima to put in the middle of it, but no such luck.  That meant I had to get creative.  I dug through my SU stamp sets and found a set I have always loved, Watercolour Garden.  It has a lovely daisy in it so I stamped it in magenta with a black center and was ready to go with it.  However, my "one creative gene" began to scream hysterically with a brilliant idea:  "Why not make your own daisies with your MS punch and mimic a portion of the hand bag!"  Oh my, I was giddy with delight as I punched, layered and made my own daisies like the ones on the bag.  All you ladies out there in blog land and on SCS are definitely rubbing off on me - thank you!!  I finished things off with some sheer black ribbon - for some reason I've been on a roll with it lately - and three black half pearls to balance things off.  I am applauding my one creative gene loudly this afternoon (especially after having to teach Sunday School to 65 Grade 1 - 4s this morning!) as I really like how this card turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  Enjoy the rest of your day, as much as you have left and have a fabulous week ahead.




Paper: Basic Black, Marvelous Magenta, Lovely Lilac, Pretty in Pink, White
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Daisy Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch,  5/8" Sheer Black Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, wow!! LOVE this!! Very clean lines :) I was inspired by the same photo...but like yours better :) I used one of the flowers you sent me :) Aren't the photo inspirations fun? I made 3 cards today to prepost...it will be a busy, tiring week for sure :) With any luck it will go by quickly :) Oh, how did you get your live link to your blog on your SCS card post? Did you use a code? I tried doing it once but it didn't work...cant' wait for the new release :) How's the light box coming? :D

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - this is a beautiful inspired card!!! The colors and the flowers are awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

TrishG said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors and black framing. Nice ribbon too. Lovely card!

TannyP said...

Such a beautiful card - your inspiration picture is a beauty and you've really done it justice. Love all the white space and the daisies pattern you've mastered. Lovely work, Marisa!

bristowmom said...

Wow! I was pleased with my card until I saw yours. LOVE the colors (especially the magenta.) LOVE the way you mimicked the bag with your very own flowers. LOVE...well, your whole card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Vibrant and pretty. Your take on the bag is perfect!

Kathy Jones said...

This is so cool!!!! Love the clean lines and bold colours - love your flowers too!!!

Dawn B. said...

So pretty..love the take on that sketch. You are so good at that..more than one great gene here..hehe...

Laural-Lee said...

Great colours! The black makes it so bold. And I love your non-use of stamps.